Sign in to follow this  
allstar

Mulch Fungas on houses

Question

7 answers to this question

there is no way easy to get them off i have ran in to them on almost every job and explained to the customer. That i heard that if you scrape off the top part it leaves a little spot there anyway.Try the search and you will see what i'm talking about.It is from packed down mulch

Thanks guys. I knew they would not come off, but if someone knew how then I wanted to be one step ahead of the comp. I'll try the search to learn more.

I got a caal last week from a guy in Pittsburg that has developed avery thick substance to put on shotgun fungus to get it off. He said it needed about 90 min dwell time. He asked me if I would try some out and he was going to send me a pint or quart to try. I have avery bad area on our church I could test.

I have not seen any of it yet. As soon as I get it I will try it and let everyone know how it works.

90 min to dwell! Holy cow. Jarrod better get a straight jacket. He'll go flipping crazy waiting 90 min.

But I guess if it works, it works.

So far there is no way to get it off, if it isn't fresh, without risking damage to the vinyl. Some have tried 3500 psi and 200 degree water, scrubbing with a strong mix of tsp, or with an sos pad with some success. But again these methods all risk damaging the vinyl. After time the fungus will fall off on it's own but to prevent it from happening again tell the customer to get rid of all the old mulch and bring in new every year or go with rock. Some have also said that using wet wax in your house mix will prevent the spores from sticking to the siding but I haven't seen proof of this myself.