Sign in to follow this  
Bartman

Gutter Mixture

Question

I have searched the forums looking for a good mix for a degreaser but all I come up with is house mixtures. I have the green cleaner from Zak Chemicals. Can anyone help?

22 answers to this question

Ditto on the Simple Green. If you put Simple Green Xtreme Clean, Soap, and 12% together and downstream, I don't need to brush, and they come out looking GREAT.

1 gallon 12%

16 oz SGXC

8 oz Carwash soap with carnuba

Downstream with a 0030 and rinse with a 0015.

That is a mix that you can typically buy the day you need it.

SJ

I have been using F-13 Gutter Grenade from Pressure Tek. I was cutting it 4:1 but now that it is warming up 5:1 or 6:1 works. Brush it on and rinse off. For gutters out of reach of my 16' extension pole I x-jet it.

Ditto on the Simple Green. If you put Simple Green Xtreme Clean, Soap, and 12% together and downstream, I don't need to brush, and they come out looking GREAT.

1 gallon 12%

16 oz SGXC

8 oz Carwash soap with carnuba

Downstream with a 0030 and rinse with a 0015.

That is a mix that you can typically buy the day you need it.

SJ

So you mix up this separate from your housewash mix and downstream? The reason I ask is that you stated "1 gallon of 12%". If this is your housewash, you use 80 oz. of simple green per 5'er?

You could use it as housewash but you don't need the SGEC in with the soap and 12% unless there is a lot of atmospheric stains on the siding. But if you take your housewash mix and add the correct amount of SGEC it does work well on gutters. The gutter dirt level may be different here then other geography however. Not to mention climate and particulate type etc. This works well for me.

From what I expect is happening, the 12% reacts with biological growth, and the SGEC reacts with the atmospheric. The soap is just for dwell.

One thing else I like about SGEC it somewhat masks the smell of clorine.

You could use it as housewash but you don't need the SGEC in with the soap and 12% unless there is a lot of atmospheric stains on the siding. But if you take your housewash mix and add the correct amount of SGEC it does work well on gutters. The gutter dirt level may be different here then other geography however. Not to mention climate and particulate type etc. This works well for me.

From what I expect is happening, the 12% reacts with biological growth, and the SGEC reacts with the atmospheric. The soap is just for dwell.

One thing else I like about SGEC it somewhat masks the smell of clorine.

Thanks

This is a 10 y/o gutter using Gutter Zap, 1:1, brushed, rinsed.

The results are good but required a second and third application in some areas. Not to mention more product is required. A simple matter of economics for me. The F-13 allows me a greater profit. Less chem + Less labor = :lgmoneyey

post-1481-137772178946_thumb.jpg

post-1481-137772178952_thumb.jpg

Where can I find SGEC?

Sams Club. Keep in mind that in your area, you may need something stronger. If you do purchase a chem for gutters then Bob sales F13 which works well, and if mymemory serves me right, you can put it in your housewash as well. The black streaks in gutters are in the oxidation layer of the paint. F-13 removes the oxidation and in turn removing the streaks. - CHEMICALS HOUSE WASH / GUTTER / WOOD CARE / MULTI-PURPOSE

Ive never used a brush on gutters. I downsteam and rinse.

Scott,

Are you removing black streaks by downstreaming?

If so, would you elaborate on your process?

Thanks.

Ron

Sure. I mix up the ingredients above, leave it on the trailer, and plug in my downstreamer This latest addition to GP's chemical injector line is a new "Hi-Draw" model, capable of a 20%* draw rate. These injectors feature an operating pressure of 4,500 PSI and a temperature rating of 1900. Sized at 3/8 inch M X M, NPT, stainless steel orif

put my hose in the bucket, and sray the gutters using a 0030 tip. I typically rinse with a 0010 tip. Higher volume machines will allow for rinsing with larger orfice tips. My 0020 draws chem, or I would use it. I typically let the mix dwell for 5 -7 minutes. Do not let the chems dry. Simple Cherry from pressuretek is the soap that I normally use in my housewash as well. It is good stuff. The SGEC just seems to really help with the gutters.

Anyone tried this out yet?

Got some F-13 from PT.

Worked great on my 2/yr old gutters, brushed on 6:1 then rinsed. Ran out a gas for PW and final 7' rinsed with garden hose with exellent results!

I'd post some pics but jpeg size is too big. What can I do about that?

Is it posible to resize pic?

Anyway, Monday moring going to clean my Mom's 18 year old gutters two sections are approx 18' up each about 22' long with heavy stains.

How should I x-jet it? Use proportioners or no?

Got some F-13 from PT.

Worked great on my 2/yr old gutters, brushed on 6:1 then rinsed. Ran out a gas for PW and final 7' rinsed with garden hose with exellent results!

Anyway, Monday moring going to clean my Mom's 18 year old gutters two sections are approx 18' up each about 22' long with heavy stains.

How should I x-jet it? Use proportioners or no?

I haven't tried x-jetting it. I would just call or email Bob at PressureTek. I am sure he would be glad to advise.

If you are using MS Windows go to the MS website, they have a free download utility that allows you to resize pics.

Iam currently running MS Vista, I run a program called VSO Image resizer, free download also.

If you are using MS Windows go to the MS website, they have a free download utility that allows you to resize pics.

Iam currently running MS Vista, I run a program called VSO Image resizer, free download also.

I'm running MS Vista also and will go to the MS web-site n chek it out.

Thanks Ron G.

My toshiba laptop came w a hewlitt packard utility for messing with pictures that will resize them for email use... HP image zone

maybe its a freebee d/l somewhere?

r

I'v tried many but found "Spray 9" at Home Deopt to work best. I put it in a chemical sprayer apply it to the gutters. Don't scrub it, don't delute it, and DO NOT allow it to dry. Rinse it off with a 45 degree tip. You'll love the results.