Sign in to follow this  
4running

Pressure switch question

THe burner on this new Landa of mine doesnt shut off when you release the trigger on the wand.

After some troubleshooting I discoverd that I have a pressure switch that is attached to my unloader. This pressure switch has a small micro switch inside that should be either open or closed if the unloader is recirculating. This switch remains closed REGARDLESS off whether I have the trigger depressed or not. So.......... I opened the cover of this pressure switch and discoverd that the micro switch inside is being depressed ANYTIME the machine is running. As soon as I hit the power switch and the machine builds pressure, it depresses the micro switch.

What is wrong? I assume that the pressue switch itself is not the problem, or is the spring weak, causing that switch to be depressed under to low of a pressure?

Kyle

Rod-

So is what has happend here is the pressure portion of the switch has failed, but the electrical or "micro switch" portion is still good. That sounds logical, I just wanted be sure I didnt have some sort of unloader problem that was causing the recirc to be under too high of a pressure.

Well that is a cheap and easy fix!

Thanks!

Kyle

If your machine has a pressure type unloader this switch needs to be installed between the pump and the unloader. If the pressure switch is installed on a pressure type unloader directly it won't work properly. The unloader traps the pressure in the hose when the trigger is released and will keep the switch depressed and the burner running.

First off, thanks to all who replied.

Russ down at Southside Equipment is where I buy all of my stuff. I called for a pressure switch, and after a quick conversation Russ advised that I check the unloader to be sure it wasnt forcing that plunger to hit the switch. After popping the discharge side of the unloader apart I cleaned the small "bullet" and seat on there and made sure that the O-ring had a clean sealing surface to sit against, and the machine is WAY BETTER!

That plunger in the switch is now operating 100% and moving in and out. But most important my burner is shutting off the way it should between trigger cycles.

The next fix will be my trigger gun which looks brand new, but for some reason started weeping today.

A Special Thanks to Russ at Southside Equipment!.

Thanks Russ!

Kyle