Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

What do you do to get ready for spring?

Question

What are some of the things you do to prepare for your busy season?

A few of ours are:

print liturature

update ads we run

check and repair all equipment

contact prior customers

What do you do???

5 answers to this question

I have started my add in the local paper, Sent out all reminder letters for the two year deep wash and reseal, cleaned equipment, changed oil in the pump and in the pw motor. All bucket are ready to go cleaned, and all materials are inventoried and replacements purchased as needed. Plus the pump ups are inspected and new tips put on as needed.

Reed

In addition to the above items mentioned, it's a good time to:

Repack bearings on trailer axles.

Inspect and test wiring on your truck and trailer. Make sure the lights and brakes work. Also check hitch connections.

Get any maintenance done on your tow vehicle you anticipate needing. If you know you're going to need brakes or a trans service, do it now, rather than wait to the last minute.

Make sure the "hunny do" list at home is completed, because I'm not going to have any extra time once the season starts....:D

Honey Do List? HA! The closest we have been to that list in 5 years is last year taking a tree down. Other than that, no way. Things just get done when things get done. Less stress.

When we moved in, we had more stuff on the honey do list that we could have both accomplished together. Will we paint this year? Maybe in December. Or January. Or Feb. Will we replace the deck? Maybe next fall... or not.

How about new wallpaper? Nah, the old looks good. Forget Martha Stewart. She doesn't live here.

If a dish takes more than 30 minutes to cook forget it unless I can stick it in the oven and go work a while.

I planted flowers a few years ago. They should bloom. If the bulbs don't bloom, something ate them. Oh well.

Beth

Beth,

I love your sense of humor......:D

I guess I try to separate the projects from the honey-do list.

My honey-do list had things like...replace garbage disposer, paint the den, rid out the junk in the basement, odds-n-ends.

Like you mentioned, the bigger ones have to wait until whenever the time is right....whatever that is!

....Rid the basement of junk.....

Hmmm.... I might have to try that this winter instead of painting. Can I paint the junk?

We did get new kitchen appliances last year, Rod even found time to install them.

I have found that if I actually use the schedule book to schedule him for honey -do, .... they get done. Problem is, they're supposed to be work hours.

By the way, who irons sheets? All you do is sleep on them, and you don't see the wrinkles. Heck, they get crumpled from that alone. So why bother doing that either?

Beth

p.s. If I buy Easter dinner and goodies by Good Friday it'll be a miracle.