Sign in to follow this  
Austin Under Pressure

A few Questions - Power Wash Equipment

My first job was for a brick layer when I was about 5 or 6 years old. I don't remember how many bricks I hauled in the wheel barrow, but I know he didn't pay me at the end of the day like he promised. I told him if he wasn't going to pay that he shouldn't expect me back, as "I QUIT!"

It was a very long time before I trusted another bricklayer and even longer 'til I carried bricks again for someone else.

Lets see, ...I washed the side of our neighbor's house with a garden hose when I was 3 and was washing and waxing cars for pay when I was 10. I think I've got Lance beat!

Paul B.,

I think we all have stories similar to your brick experience. When I was 8, my uncle told me he would pay me to clear a field of all sticks, stones, and roots. He had had it bulldozed and roughly cleared to put up a shop, but all of the little stuff had to be done by hand. After a long (VERY long for an 8 year old with cartoons to watch) day of picking up sticks and rocks, he told me I was silly to expect payment. I thought he was playing around, but turned out he was serious. I immediately got an attitude and told him that if I wasn't going to get paid, then he wasn't going to enjoy the benefit of having a clear field! I then walked around the perimiter of the property and began to throw every stick and rock I had spent the day moving back onto his property. Of course that made me a "smart alleck" and was going to "get me in trouble," but I didn't care. I think when all was said and done, he did give me 5 bucks, which I wasted on a GI-Joe.

Ryan H.