Sign in to follow this  
WashRite

Chemical Injection Pump

Question

Does anyone use a small electric chemical pump, Shurflo or Delvan, to increase their chemical draw? If so, what percentage of draw increase are you getting?

I am thinking of adding this option to my current system for specific situations. There are times when I need more than 10-20% draw and would like to have at least 25% but more would be better.

7 answers to this question

I actually have a couple of the Super Suds Suckers and they are good but I don't get 25% draw with them. I typically run 150' of hose. Envirospec is about 30 minutes from my home so I visit them often.

I guess no one uses a chemical injection pump to get more draw.

I actually have a couple of the Super Suds Suckers and they are good but I don't get 25% draw with them. I typically run 150' of hose. Envirospec is about 30 minutes from my home so I visit them often.

I guess no one uses a chemical injection pump to get more draw.

How many gpm pressure pump and what size of 150' of hose?

I have experienced that I get less draw with a suds sucker from 100' 3/8" vs 200' of 1/2" at 8gpm, 1/4" hose barb as spray nozzle. cant remember what the pump head reads

My primary machine is a Hotsy 5000 psi @ 5 gal/min and I use 3/8" hose but I typically run at 4000 psi.

Let me change the thread somewhat and ask this, Does anyone use a dual chemical injector?

I use a 2gpm delavan and a super suds sucker. It's been a while since I did any testing but in the field, I can't tell any difference in draw rate when using 200' of hose or 1000'. At all lengths, with the pump, I get much more draw than with just the injector. Probably close to 30%.

i just used my chem induction pump from enviro spec the other day. I dont know the percentage draw, but WOW! what a difference. I have a 9gpm skid with 200 feet of hose and a super suds sucker. I rarely get more than 20% buy itself and only with no gun on.

So yeah im now a believer