Sign in to follow this  
ACSTravis

Quick Wood Tux Question

Question

Hello all,

What does everyone who uses WTW do about fuzzies? I mean when it is applied when the wood is wet, obviously there can't be any sanding, so what does everyone do?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

I dont use WTW but you can still buff out a deck when its wet using the 3m pads and a Makita 9227. With Ready Seal you can even buff the deck out AFTER you apply the finish should an area not look so hot.

I did a few steps for this one lady - basically I was at this house doing a little of this - a little of that - yard work - tree work - some painting of window sills - cleaning out the gutter with the pressure washer - and then cleaning her wood and then staining them. Just low end residential maintenance jobs -where wtw worked, was I stained the wood immediately after washing it, it was like 3 steps and something I didn't want to have to come back for. So I ragged off the water and put a first coat of stain that looked like some lemon fizzy bath, let that settle and brushed on a second coat and then collected my check and left. WTW has it's place. But for high end jobs - I learned my lesson, just wait for it to dry out and defur. Once defurred or sanded I guess you could then neutralize and then stain.