Sign in to follow this  
JustMe

Pressure washing reference guide

Question

come one come all

I am putting together all of the extensive information I have found through research from this board as well as others and thought I would ask If anyone would like to give me any input on the following topics before I finish it. This document will help out newbies like myself find answers to simple questions as well as old timers who may have missed something?, for example house wash mixes and chemicals..

I have a lot of information in it now that I think will help but if anyone has anything they could contribute I will add it in, please be clear on your information so others understand what you mean.

House Wash Mixes

Recipes

Chemicals

Gutter Cleaning

Recipes

Chemicals

Concrete Cleaning

Recipes

Chemicals

Roof Cleaning

Recipes

Chemicals

Do’s and Dont’s

Wood Sealers

Recipes

Chemicals

Concrete Sealers

Gutter Gaurds

Pumps and Pump Up’s

Surface Cleaners

Pricing Information

Equipment

Pressure Washers

X-Jet

Roof Cleaning

Parts and Accesories

Web Sites

Spare Parts List

Window Cleaning

Recipes

Chemicals

Reading Resources

Home Owner Lookup

Ad Design Tips

Chemical’s

Deck Cleaning/Sealing

Deck Cleaning/Sealing Process

Deck Cleaning/Sealing Marketing/Pricing

Nozzle Chart

Insurance

When I get the doc done I will share it with others, but the only problem I have is I wrote a lot of this down from members advice and I am not sure who to thank for a lot of the infomation. If it happens to contain something someone wants me to remove because it is protected, let me know and I will remove it asap.

It will also be in HTML so you can click and find the information easy and I will most likely be adding sub menu's to each main headin. Like:

House wash mixes

Chemicals/Suppliers

Recipes

You can email me or post it here.

Thanks,

Ron Mahlke

6 answers to this question

lol... I thought you were gathering all the stuff from online?

Just remember, I have articles up here that I am incorporating into my own book... You should ask permission from folks before using their work. There are alot of wonderful posts up here that I'm sure others won't mind sharing, but in general be careful of articles.

I can't wait to read it. Didn't you say on the PWNA BBS that you were going to have it online?

Beth:cool:

I am getting most of it from online, I am not taking anyones articles except for one if they grant permission, other than that it has been from people in postings, email and private messages that I got most of the content, mostly from others in the business who have answered posts for me and been extremely helpful.. This doc is just because I have been gathering most of this for my own step in this career and thought it might help others as well. I have nothing to gain from putting this together besides helping out someone else who seeks this information..

If you got some goodies for me to add let me know, even if it is chems for certain jobs and I hot link them to the distribitors web site.. A little free advertising for you :)

Oh yeah, and if you notice something you want credit for and did not get it, let me know so I can put recognition under that bit of information.. Your company name would be the best :)

Ron,

You might want to also check out some manufacturer's web sites. There are alot of places besides the BBS's that have great info. Also the EPA has info on reclaiming issues, which is HUGE and very important if you are going to be accurate. Also for wood, check National Forrestry Labs.

Also, I saw elsewhere the suggestion of MSDS sheets, which is very important if you plan on mentioning the use of products, as well as a disclaimer written by a lawyer.

In other words, look for some of the category info outside of the BBS's in places where experts would list it.

Hope this helps. Also when making your bibliography, a local college or library should have the reference guide you need that shows you how to make the appropriate footnotes. I can't remember the name of the book, but they'll know.

;)Beth :groovy3:

If there is stuff ona website you want to use, just provide a link. That way you don't have to worry about permissions, and it does a double service by driving people to the information providers website.

Scott Stone