Sign in to follow this  
Clean Cut Solutions LLC

prices for the south and extension wand or x jet

Question

Hey Guys I am new to this forum but have learned so much from reading past post from ya'll. My brother and I have a pressure washing company in central,LA...I am usually charging 10 cents a square foot for homes and $65 for a single wide trailor and $80 for a double wide trailor and 12 cents for concrete/stone. I would like ya'lls input on how my prices look especially if anyone is working in the same region and even if you are not. My next question is which is better a x jet or an entension wand for getting to higher places such as the second story of a two story home. Thank ya'll again for any and all input.

9 answers to this question

I can't comment on your prices because I'm on the east coast but I can give you advice on the extension wand or x-jet. The day after I got my X Jet I used my chain saw on my extension wand so I could fit it in my trash can.

No Joke.

Eric

I don't understand the big deal of downstreaming. I can't get the ratio I want, I can't get the chemical to the top of the structure without getting the ladders off the trailer, and I've got to run it through 200 or more feet of hose. A certain amount of chemicals get wasted this way (stuck in the hose) and I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone here that some of those liquids can be quite pricy.

I don't understand the big deal of downstreaming. I can't get the ratio I want, I can't get the chemical to the top of the structure without getting the ladders off the trailer, and I've got to run it through 200 or more feet of hose. A certain amount of chemicals get wasted this way (stuck in the hose) and I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone here that some of those liquids can be quite pricy.

At least for me, the big deal is not toting buckets or getting my x-jet hose tangled with my pressure hose. Using a 0030 or 0040 tip will throw chems. as high as an x-jet. I use a General hi-draw injector and can pull through 200' of hose.

As far as wasting chems., I think the x-jet is more wasteful with it's "cloud" of chems that covers cars, neighbors houses, etc. Instead of completely covering your surface with chems. using your soap tip, replace the soap tip with your rinse tip for the last 5 or 6 seconds of your soaping and you wont waste any.

Eric, see that picture above? That's downstreaming in action. Sprays higher than the X-Jet. No chemical fog like mentioned by Chris S. Less plant damage, less chemical used (this one gets argued though) and no having to prime the damn X-Jet every other minute.

As far as how much chemical.. One five gallon bucket of housewash mix does whole house (up to 3500 s/f). In that we use 3 gallons of 12% and one gallon of housewash mix. What gets wasted in the hose amounts to maybe 2 pennies. Its faster than X-Jetting. Since bill rates for housewashing range $100/hr to $300/hr I'd say that arguement is moot.

How do you downstream with that much pressure? I've seen that picture but never REALLY looked at it. I just assumed it was an X Jet.