Sign in to follow this  
All Clean PCS

new equipment?

Question

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I've been in biz for 4 yrs. I do only res work. I have 6x12 open trlr with a 275 g tank. I run a BE Cooldrive 3500 psi/ 4gpm with 13 hrs Honda. I'm starting to get pretty busy and thinking about hiring help and getting more equip. Should I get a whole new trl set-up or just add another machine to my current set-up? Also should I try to get a hot water unit? I plan on sticking to res work. Thanks in advance for any input.

4 answers to this question

Do you feel it would be better to have two units going seperate directions, or have them both running on the same job to increase production?

What is going to tow that second trailer?

I have always had hot water, and use it on residential. Many have cold water and do fine. If cold water has served you well and you plan to stay with residential then why add extra expense that is not needed.

When I expand, I plan to add another washer to the trailer, and increase production, vs going two seperate ways. However, I enjoy the peace of working alone, and love my work, so I am not sharing any of it just yet.

You can get away with cold water no problem if just doing residential but if some one callls a commercial job and you can make a couple grand on some dirty concrete you might wish you had hot

If I was you I would get a cold or hot but get more GPM 5.5gpm is a big difference and a money maker

I have 3 trailers and they have 2 machines each and I like having 2 machine on a trailer. You go out and do a bunch of houses and 2 guys make the day less boring and its faster. The guys make each other go faster i think

Just add another machine MORE GPM, you'll never regret MORE GPM

Jeff

Thanks for the input guys. I'm thinking it will make better sense and be cheaper to add a unit to what I have now. I've read other people saying that more gpm's is the way to go also. I will definately take that advise.

I've been wrestling with the same issue. I would love to add a hot water unit and have that along with my 3700/4 cold unit but I just can't seem to justify the expense (of getting hot vs. another cold). I'm residential and deck work but would hate to pass on a job because I didn't have hot water. The cold with the right chems seems to be doing fine for the res work, just wonder how much faster I would go if I had the hot.