Sign in to follow this  
PWkid

Could this be why it is slower than normal?

Question

TCPalm: Local News

This might be why it is slower than normal in my area. I have talked with a few other Florida cleaning contractors and they are also slower than normal. I have also had several calls from people asking me,are there restrictions on pressure cleaning because of water restrictions? I tell them not for business owners because we still have to make a living. Has anyone else dealt with this issue ? I am sure you guys up north are hammered and of course MB Jeff is always slammed with business. lolicon7.gif

5 answers to this question

I've had a commercial property manager ask me about restrictions along with homeowners. There are probably quite a few potential customers out there who won't even call and ask assuming they can't have the work done. We still have quite a few people here on wells also and they definitley don't want anyone pulling from their well right now.

I dont think its from the water restrictions. I slow down every June with residential jobs. I think the spike in gas prices made some difference, but it dawned on me that school gets out here in May, I took my vacation in June, how many others are doing likewise? for a lot of people they have to pay for full time child care that the dont have to pay for during the school year?

I pick back up again in Mid August when school is getting ready to start again. I beleive this yeare it was the confluence of the spike in gas prices that slowed things down more than normal.

TCPalm: Local News

This might be why it is slower than normal in my area. I have talked with a few other Florida cleaning contractors and they are also slower than normal. I have also had several calls from people asking me,are there restrictions on pressure cleaning because of water restrictions? I tell them not for business owners because we still have to make a living. Has anyone else dealt with this issue ? I am sure you guys up north are hammered and of course MB Jeff is always slammed with business. lolicon7.gif

Mel, you know MB well. You can always move back. There's room for you here. A lot more around here then when you lived here. No water restrictions here yet. I do see it slowing a little in August

I would imagine people seeing thats theres restirictions wouldnt clean. They either think they cant hire someone because of the restrictions or just dont think they should. I'm sure a lot of people hold off.

Time to advertise telling them it can done