Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Thermostat HELP

My 8GPM I always am having to replace the pressure switch and the thermostat has been replaced 3 times in a year. The pressure swith Bob of PT has found me a larger one, alot more $$$ , but Its suppose to handle up to 14gpm and has directions on how to set it for any gpm between. These pressure switches werent designed for the 8gpm machine. They are going down all the time and I dont run hot water a lot

Now I'm looking for a BETTER heavier duty thermostat set up switch and all. Dont really know what to look for ANY HELP. I need something more reliable made for a bigger machine 8gpm

I've talked to Dennis at Pressure Pro and he is a great guy and knowledgeable and I'm having my local guy look at the wiring to see if theres a problem so he and dennis can try to figure iof its the switches or wiring, but I'd still like to get better thermostat.

Thank you

Jeff

Jeff I have been having that problem for a long time. I switched to a flow switch and it works a lot better. I went through 3 thermostats and it is not working as of now. I have to bypass it. I am not sure why, my machine is 9.3 gpm. I have quick connects on my inlet and outlet of my coil, when I am running cold water it doesn't run through '200 of coil.

Jeff I have been having that problem for a long time. I switched to a flow switch and it works a lot better. I went through 3 thermostats and it is not working as of now. I have to bypass it. I am not sure why, my machine is 9.3 gpm. I have quick connects on my inlet and outlet of my coil, when I am running cold water it doesn't run through '200 of coil.

Like the idea of QC's

I hope someone chimes in about a Bigger/Better thermostat. As I understand from some old timers, machines used to have bigger or better thermos & pressure/flow switches on them. They just use the cheaper now......more cost effective to build and cheaper sale price.........but more a PITA. I can understand cheaper, I just want to find a BETTER set up and I dont mind paying if it keeps me running longer. I have 8 Pressure Pro hot & cold Machines and this 8gpm is the only PITA one

Mel, Do you still have problems now that you switched to a flow switch?

I use the 302° version of this one and have not had any problems with either a 5 gpm or 8gpm. Adjustable Burner Thermostat=

And I use these for pressure switches. I have gone thru a couple, but it was not the switch itself, but broken springs and orings. Nothing lasts forever though. Burner Control Switch=

The micro switches were going out on the pressure switches. I switched to flow switches and haven't had any problem since other than normal wear and tear. I also use k-7's flow unloaders on all my machines that might be why flow switches work better for me. I don't know why but I have had better luck with flow switches. I never had a problem with thermostats until I had the guy who built my machine rewire it because of corrosion and old wiring he told me he rewired it so the ignitor would only fire when the trigger gun was squeezed. I am not sure how well this works on a 12v system.

I run a K-1 on my 8 gpm HydroTek, and have had no problems with the pressure switch or thermostat in over 1000 hours of use. I don't know if that is due to the unloader, or if HydroTek is using the "right" switches and thermostats. I run hot almost all the time - usually 110* or so.

The best setup I have found is a flow switch and the type of temp switch that clamps on the 1/2 inch pipe coming out of the burner. The ones with the bulb that sets in the pressure line seemed to only last a short time and then the bulb would crush. I have been told the clamp on ones arent as accurate but they have always worked for me. The one on my machine is 5 yrs old and still fine.

Andy