Sign in to follow this  
rholman

enclosed trailer pics/ideas

Question

I just got my first enclosed trailer (7X14) and am looking for some ideas and hopefully some pics of how you have your rigs set up. I am looking to paint the floor and walls, but not sure of the best paint to use.....epoxy for wood? If you have any suggestions, even on "little" things, I would greatly appreciate it. I only want to set this up once and want it to be stylin' and well thought-out. Here are the specs of equipment:

Haulmark Kodiak 7X14 tandem axle w/ ladder rack

3/4" walls and floors

8gpm @ 3,000 Alkota hot skid

325 gallon water

3 hosereels stacked(2 for pressure & 1 for water supply)

surface cleaner

chem sprayer cart(deck stain sprayer also)

Thanks in advance for your help.

8 answers to this question

I strongly suggest putting some kind of Rhino Liner or Line X product on the floor and up wall about one foot. Its a little pricey, but you'll never have to worry about spilt fuel or chems ruining the wood. I have it on all my trailer floors open & enclosed. If you plan on keeping your trailer for a long time do the Rhino/Line X, then you can get a industrial oli or epoxy for the walls.

As for set up do your tank & machine over axle.

good luck with your new trailer, enclosed are great. You have great storage, you can put hooks up to hang stuff, just a lot more room...that will be used up fast, but at least you have the room

JL

thanks for the info on the paint....last thing i wanted to do was put the wrong paint down and have to re-do it later. Do you have pictures of your setup? How many of you enclosed trailer guys vent your ENGINE thru the floor? roof? out the door? I am definitely venting the burner out the top even though the pressure washer will be right up against the back door. I have seen setups where they "point" the burner out the door, BUT I am afraid that if the door every gets mistakenly closed(possibly by an absent-minded employee) then my trailer will burn down. I'm also trying to make this trailer "employee proof". thanks again

yEA is a good idea to employee proof it. You never know when you might get a burner fire.. Not normal thing to happen but it does.

My unit has the verticle boiler and so it is really close to the top...so close that I can barely fit it in trailer or get an angled piece of vent up in there. Turns out it is not needed in my case as long as I have the vent hole above. My trailer is all steel though.. :)

If that machine is up against the rear door with not much wait over the axels the trailer will fishtail.

Have a trailer where the water tank was over the front axle and the machine was at the back axle.

The tank was empty sice gas was getting up there for hauling and the said trailer ended up in the 2 other lanes besides the one it needed to be in on a slight icey day. This has also happened on a slight wet day also

The other trailer following never had a problem with the machine in front of first axle and tank on both of them

If that machine is up against the rear door with not much wait over the axels the trailer will fishtail.

Have a trailer where the water tank was over the front axle and the machine was at the back axle.

The tank was empty sice gas was getting up there for hauling and the said trailer ended up in the 2 other lanes besides the one it needed to be in on a slight icey day. This has also happened on a slight wet day also

The other trailer following never had a problem with the machine in front of first axle and tank on both of them

Slight icey day. Whats ice??:lgcold::). LOL ............I love the south!

I just got my first enclosed trailer (7X14) and am looking for some ideas and hopefully some pics of how you have your rigs set up. I am looking to paint the floor and walls, but not sure of the best paint to use.....epoxy for wood? If you have any suggestions, even on "little" things, I would greatly appreciate it. I only want to set this up once and want it to be stylin' and well thought-out. Here are the specs of equipment:

Haulmark Kodiak 7X14 tandem axle w/ ladder rack

3/4" walls and floors

8gpm @ 3,000 Alkota hot skid

325 gallon water

3 hosereels stacked(2 for pressure & 1 for water supply)

surface cleaner

chem sprayer cart(deck stain sprayer also)

Thanks in advance for your help.

I did my trailer with readyseal - 2 coats - 3 years ago and it still has held up well.