Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

efc 38 and downstream

Question

18 answers to this question

The reason I was thinking EFC was that I have to clean the undersides as well. 2nd story and 3rd story deck. with the humidity were having, i did not want to go the respirator and rubber suit route.

I may just Use the HVLP and use EFC straight.

Maybe well get a cool front Monday and I can use the HD80 DS. and save my self a lot of time.

thanks, Ken

Would it be possible to either call someone so I could discuss when various saftey items are required or is there an easy to understand document or thread I could read. I'm fairly new to the biz and mostly do houses and decks. I have a deck coming up soon and I will be using hd-80 so I am very interested in the subject.

Thanks

David

Atlanta Pressure Washing

in case anyone wanted to know. The downstreamed hd 80 worked surprisingly well for cleaning. actually got the same amount of furring from that as using EFC straight. As for the underside of the deck, I used the respirator and face sheild. got rid of the yellow rain suit after a couple minutes, as I was so soaked any of the diluted hd80 wasnt going to have much effect on my skin anyway.

yeah, Ken. It really is. I probably didnt need to allow the amount of dwell time i did.

I have to strip some Flood spaNdeck next week. Think i can mix it strong enough to make a dent when downstreaming or should I apply straight.

Actually did a test spot on this. Very bad, mildew covered floor, but spindles are fine. Floor came up fine with HD 80. Didnt even try to test the spindles as finish was sound.

Sold as a 2 tier project. Strip what is possible and reapply Flood. or completely strip, sand and apply WTW for 2x as much. She went for the FLood re-ap.