Sign in to follow this  
jde927

hose crimpers

Hey Guys,

We are looking into getting our own hose crimper equipment, We have so many hoses in the shop that could be used and we hate getting ripped off by the shops around us. And yes this includes power wash guys. SO anyways,

Who's got em and what are you using?

Thanks in advance!

As often as repairs or new hoses are needed I go have it done with professional hydrolic equipment. They must cost a pretty penny to buy.. be interesting to find out how much here.

If it aint high quality equipment though I don't think I would want to trust it..A person can get majorly slit open from the wires of a flailing hose and bleed out if they come undone. Can get burnt real good on a hot water machine also.

Napa or other auto stores sometimes have the equipment as they deal with high pressure hosing for hydrolic applications..think up to like 10k pressure or there abouts.

I use to get my hoses crimped but I had a few of the new ends blow off afterwords. I guess if you have a large business maybe its worth crimping the hoses but for my business I'd rather just buy a new section of 100' hose and throw out the damaged hose.

I use to get my hoses crimped but I had a few of the new ends blow off afterwords. I guess if you have a large business maybe its worth crimping the hoses but for my business I'd rather just buy a new section of 100' hose and throw out the damaged hose.

send me your olds one johnny

If you get the hoses repaired correctly they should be just fine. I get mine done for $5.00 an end at the local hydraulic shop.

Before this, I used to go to my washer dealer who charged $15.00 an end and was a 50 mile roundtrip, so I looked into a machine a few years ago. Cost was around $1500.00. That is when I found the cheap guy, so I never got one.

Hey Guys,

We are looking into getting our own hose crimper equipment, We have so many hoses in the shop that could be used and we hate getting ripped off by the shops around us. And yes this includes power wash guys. SO anyways,

Who's got em and what are you using?

Thanks in advance!

Joe, when did you quit Def Leppard? just kidding...I know you're still on tour

There is a place up the road from you about an hour.....I have them repair hoses and "potential replacements" for my machine, recently had them make some short whip hoses for some gun/lances I have....easier on the $30 shutoffs.

I'd suggest pm'ing me....we could do lunch and fix hoses...but the company is called Tenneco...I'll look for my last invoice, but the are right off the highway before the river in Harrisburg.

Hoses while you wait...is there motto.

ROCK ON... Not enough money being a ROCK STAR! HAHA "yea right"

I do agree with alot of what was said. If you can find someone who is cheap and knows what they are doing then it is worth it! BUT we are still looking into getting one. Think about it like this. sure it is only 5 bucks to get an end replaced but then you have an employee out on the road and there is more time, plus gas and a vehicle out.

We do not only power wash either. We maintain something like 22 million sq feet a week of vct and also do the strip work. so we have alot of propane machines and this propane hoses. So we have a multi faceted use for the crimper.

Holy cow Joe..that's like 160 20k locations every night of the week!...You surely can afford crimper. After you get one you can make hoses to sell to us.. :)

ps. btw folks, that could equal $37,620,000 per year at $.03/$.15 average floor care prices..scared to ask Joe what he would consider average though.:eek:

pss. Hey Joe..seen your pressure washing slideshow..nice work!.. noticed what could be a home made surface cleaner in one of the pics..looks like one I made with info on the Hotwater Wizzard site. I used a 27" propane deck and lawnmower..lol.

You ever get the chance maybe you can show us the ins and outs of one of your recovery units?..would be awesome to get some more ideas in my head how to do it proper in a DIY situation..

WOoooooo I Forgot the . in between the 2 and the 2 hahaha

it should read 2.2 million, which is still a lot! and that does not count one of our accounts which is about 40 stores that average 30,000 to 35,000 sq feet.

I should mention, yes someone is making really good money on these accounts but it is not me!I was only 5 years old when this company started doing floors after all. I am just a faithful and devoted employee who is helping grow the power washing end of it.

Ron I will give you a call next week. What day would be good for you?

WOoooooo I Forgot the . in between the 2 and the 2 hahaha

it should read 2.2 million, which is still a lot! and that does not count one of our accounts which is about 40 stores that average 30,000 to 35,000 sq feet.

I should mention, yes someone is making really good money on these accounts but it is not me!I was only 5 years old when this company started doing floors after all. I am just a faithful and devoted employee who is helping grow the power washing end of it.

Ron I will give you a call next week. What day would be good for you?

Anytime day or night, i dont sleep much