Sign in to follow this  
patriot pressure washing

Hd-80 ?

Question

15 answers to this question

Charlie,

Due to hazardous materials shipping regs, some chems must be shipped in small containers. But you can order any quantity possible. For example, 50 lbs. of ACR 760 stripper might need to be shipped in 25 separate 2 lb. containers.

I think Barbara Vogel is getting some type of haz. mat. certification for shipping that may help ACR to be able to ship some chems in larger quantities / container.

I picked up 50 lbs. of ACR 760 in a single container last week. I'm lucky, ACR is only about an hour's drive for me. This year, the mix turns a nice green color which is helpful when using a Shurflo. Keep little kids away though, it looks like limeade!

Charlie asked:

How do you compare it to other strippers rick?

Over the years, we've used 4 different NaOH strippers from 4 different manu's. Three are mentioned on this thread.

For wood, to be honest, I don't think there is much difference between them.

There used to be very few choices out there.... today, there are many. The ones we mentioned perform equally well. In the future you will see more of a need to strip acrylics, which most of these products by themselves are not sufficient for. More and more "boost" type items are available to expand the range of what your favorite product can do.

We used to just use HD-80. Now we use other things and our results have not changed one bit. I do like knowing we can pick up a variety of things that perform equally well and we don't have to worry about will a product even reach us in time (even buying it weeks and weeks and weeks ahead of when we need it) for the job it is scheduled for.

Learn to use a couple of things, and always have a backup plan. We decided over a year ago that it was time to make sure we knew what else would work and on what, we did our homework and so we are not caught unaware.

Be prepared and don't tie yourself just to HD-80... It's a good solid chemical, but it's not much different than the others.

Shop wisely.

Beth :cup:

But do you have it shipped Rod or just pick it up?

We have it shipped. It's a 3 hour drive to Tom's shop otherwise and I like others don't have that kind of time. They are very responsive and I get my order the next day.

Rod!~