Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

Whats the best tool for underwater work

Question

I have been doing this job and I have to wash steps that go in to water and I need to find a tool that will fan out around 2-3 inch will work.As of now the water stops fan and acts like a 0 tip.Any one know of any thing

I have 5 sets of steps with 8 stairs each oh and a ramp and the 0 action is not working with or for me ..anyone i need help

9 answers to this question

Jet, there was a post about the same type underwater work a few weeks ago... try a search.

What I did read was advice that the TVA uses a 5kpsi pump for stuff like that.

I don't recall any more info...

I would like to know if you could do boat hull cleaning while in the water... maybe w a hookah diving rig.

r

Jet, there was a post about the same type underwater work a few weeks ago... try a search.

What I did read was advice that the TVA uses a 5kpsi pump for stuff like that.

I don't recall any more info...

I would like to know if you could do boat hull cleaning while in the water... maybe w a hookah diving rig.

r

Rich there is a co that cleans boat hulls underwater in west palm beach all dive work

Hmmm, the best tool? You can use ym scuba gear if you need to.

Nope dont think i need to scuba in 4 feet of water I must say the spring cave would be sweet to dive in.I see you are in mass I grew up in mass I can not wait till the pats games start..

Hey Jet, are you near those guys in w palm beach?

Shouldn't be hard to see, or ask 'em what they use, if you are there..

I used hookah rigs on gold claims years ago when dredging. It's better for shallow diving than tanks.

Yes, I can see where you won't need to go underwater for your 4ft project.

You just need to overcome the mass of water to get at the problem.

Still curious abt what it takes to blast a hull underwater, though.

That would be a good job for my kid.

r

I tried barnacle removal underwater with 3000 psi. It was slow and I still needed a tool like an floor scraper to get through the worst of it. Sharpen the edge of it first!!!

I now have a 5000 psi pump. It works well with a roto style nozzle. It will tear through oysters and barnacles like nobodys business. Still, small slivers of barnacle can be found after washing. Im afraid to go point blank with the nozzle on the boat so Ill use a blade to remove.

Perish the thought of being able to see underwater while removing barnacles. Its nice to have a little current to clear the debris.