Sign in to follow this  
wba123

Supply hose diameter and length preference.

Question

I am fairly new to this game. I have a 4 gpm, 3750 psi unit. I bought a commercial 3/4 inch diameter supply hose, but it is a pain to store and to move around compared to a 5/8 inch diameter hose.

* Will a 5/8 inch supply hose provide enough water for my unit?

* What diameter and length of supply hose do you use, and why?

Many thanks.

6 answers to this question

Brad,

Follow this link to the forum rules about signatures, and update your in the User Cp in the upper left hand corner.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/forum-general-announcements/4143-signature-requirements-users-please-read.html

How many feet of supply hose will play a factor in what size you use. If you stuck to 50 feet and had good water sources then the 5/8's will be fine. Do longer hose runs or have a weaker supply line then 3/4's would be better.

I have 75' of 3/4 and 50' of 5/8...If I can use just the 50', I will...but sometimes, I run them both together. Most homes I've seen are just gushing with water. If they're not that good, invest in a water tank and run your pwasher off that...stick a fitting on the top of the tank to attach your supply hose to so it can act like a buffer...just make sure you keep an eye on the tank.