Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

Who Carries...???

Just recieved an email from 3M abrasives division and they are currently going to try and see what they can do. Will let all of you know how I progress with this.

Need others to persue also!

Reed

Paul,

I was not referring to making them with a hole saw for production, Just for the people that want them and can not find them.

Got tied up and did not make one, but it will be with a 6" diameter as that is the biggest I have. the pilot for the 6" hole saw can be used for the pilot of the 5/8" hole saw.

I have found one supplier for the pads for quantities under 10K units. Deliveries are reliable and fairly fast. I don't have the tooling cost info yet.

I'm also working on a second supplier to keep the first one honest.

Greg is in the process of sell Deckguide.com and the TimberPro line of products. I have been talking with him about it for the last week and the contact for the defelting pads will be included in the sale of the business. The services side of the business has gotten to big and he doesn't have time to support the retail side any longer. If I happen to purchase the retail side from him I will start taking orders for defelting pads within the week. I know he had a problem keeping them stocked last year but I will try to order quantities large enough so that I won't have that problem. I will keep you posted on what happens. Also if everything works out I will be running a special on them. I haven't worked out the details yet but it will be worth while.

Guest rfitz

Hey Brian,

Good luck if you take over his biz, count me in for a bunch of those defelting pads, just keep us posted...: )

THX

Brian, you know the defelting pads have become a mainstay in the deck side of the house. Hope it works out, I thought about the deckguide thing also, just couldn't finance it. Are you going to take over the board also? Would hate to see a DECK board go under, not that this board doesn't support decks, it does and very well mind you, but a board just for "Decks" is needed still. I sure would like to see someone continue the board.

Reed

We're in touch with various companies too, 3M included, and are working on a reliable source. As soon as we have one and can take an order YOU can trust to be filled, we'll announce it.

At this time we hope that the buy in levels will not be so outrageous that we will have to ask for pre-orders.

This is a product we all need, and The Grime Scene is working HARD to be a source for these.

Beth & Rod

p.s. seen the new store yet? click the STORE button up top...it's open! (not all items are listed, but we're getting there!)

I will be taking over the board as well. I agree with you 100% Reed. It is a very good board for wood care. It has gone down hill a little the last couple months but I hope we can turn that around. A board devoted to only deck and fence care might be a good idea.

You have my support and if you need help, I will be glad too anyway I can. We still need a board that can be open to Wood Care and also support the other boards that are available such as this one and PWNA. Variety is the SPICE of LIFE. I know others will support your efforts also.

Reed

Brian Keating,

I hope it isn't too far gone. You will have your work cut out for you. There have been many complaints about non return of calls, e-mails, and ordering. Many have found other outlets and products. I believe a spark on the BB could be the kick you need to get the rest back up to speed. I wish you all the luck in the world. I too would be happy to help if you need anything. At one time that was THE place to go for anything wood related. Thank for stepping up to the plate!

Guest rfitz

Everette, have you been hibernating this winter..? Just kidding, just havent seen you around the boards too much, by the way, I know you do alot of wood care, how does your company take care of the sanding, or defelting decks..? Or do you not offer that, I know some companies do not offer that service.. I know it isnt a must, but sometimes after stripping, decks can look pretty rough..

THX

Hi Brian,

If you take over the retail end are you planning on making good on prepaid orders that were never received?..just wondering about that.

Dale

Rob,

I am here everyday. We offer services in wood restoration from non-pressure washing to pressure washing to cob blasting. We offer a variety of services that include sanding and defurring. There are many services, pricing guidelines, procedures, and techniques that we perform that are the same as some and some that are very different. I also believe our line of chemicals are second to none in the industry. I should feel this way about my company and products. I do not hibernate, I also have a Pest Control Business and a Farm. The businesses and interests I have keep me busy year round. This also includes my position with the PWNA. I am also on the Environmental Committee with the South Jersey Chamber of Commerce. I hope the winter is treating you well. I saw the pics of your new machine, I wish you well with it in the coming year.

I just went back and read some of the reponses. While we all support Brian in his efforts and resurrecting that BB, lets make sure that we are being respectful to The Grime Scene(Beth and Rod). Some of the posts are bordering on advertising. Beth has provided a great BB here and we should all do our best to respect that and her efforts. Now back to the thread.

I agree with Everett. We should end this discussion now and pick it up at another time. Thanks for the support everyone.

Beth,

If we have gone over the line please feel free to delete any posts that are not respectful to you or the BB.

Hi Everett,

I see you mentioned cob-blasting...have you ever heard of the Clemco line??...I have a line on what I think is a great deal....the price keeps going down for lack of interest, but I have NO experience in blasting and just wonder what makes up a good unit??...Thanks for any help

Dale

Sounds like more info for the Roundtable. We are going to cover cob-blasting as part of the Advanced Class at the PWNA Convention. The corn media is cheap enough now. This is a specialty service so you charge more anyway. Of course I am always looking for a way to cut costs. I am aware of Sashco.

Guest rfitz

Everette, does your company offer cedar shake roof/ asphalt shingle roof

cleaning services..??

THX

Cedar Shake cleaning yes. The issue here is usually by the time we get to them they are in bad shape. Also, there is a new shingle out that looks like a cedar shingle that is very easy to clean and looks great. The trend seems to be going in that direction. We do not do many roofs in Burlington County, NJ at this time. It is something I have looked at and actually am working on a new product for roof cleaning that we will offer in the next 30 days or so.