Sign in to follow this  
Paul B.

Food For Thought!

Question

For those of you who watch what you eat...Here's the final word on nutrition and health, and it's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting medical studies:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Canadians, British or Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the Canadians, British or Americans.

3. The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Canadians, British or Americans.

4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the Canadians, British or Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Canadians, British or Americans.

6.Ukrainians drink a lot of vodka, eat a lot of perogies, cabbage rolls and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Canadians, British or Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

10 answers to this question

4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the Canadians, British or Americans

Hey.....I'm half Italian, and I don't drink excessive amounts of wine. Actually I don't drink any wine. I prefer a nice cold beer.

Italians have good beers also (Perroni is one).

The reason you don't drink wine is because your only 1/2 Italian.

I drank more wine when I worked in Italy, then I do now (didn't like their water).

Drinking excessive amounts is a matter of opinion anyway - in my opinion, I don't drink excessively, I drink the right amount for me.

;)

I agree.

Among other benefits, wine and beer (in non-excessive quantities) can release tension or stress in most people.

For some (such as alcoholics) it has the reverse effects.

All I can say is when my day comes I surely won't feel any stress.

Do Russians drink to much Vodka? I have a lot of Russian blood in me and I don't drink any Vodka.

In fact the 3 drinks a year I have would be considered excessive at all.

Now a beer or two and I would be drunk, and I mean DRUNK.

Among other benefits, wine and beer (in non-excessive quantities) can release tension or stress in most people.

I'm thinking a hot tub on my patio will release tension and stress as well, and should extend my life.....:D

I'd be fine with a 6 pack of Budweiser and a hot tub to soak in after a long day of power washing.....:idea:

Hot tubs are great to reduce stress - unfortunately, todays prices for buying and installing one can increase stress.

Overall long-term benefits could be a wash. :goodgrief