Sign in to follow this  
gregative

Remote Controls

Since I was posting today how about another one. Since I'm into fleets, I do alot of 2-stepping. I'm absolutely sick of walking to the trailer or depending on helper to switch at the right time. What kind of remote systems are available that are dependable and don't cost an arm/leg. I've looked around a little and am suprised that most vendors don't sell them. Is there one around that can handle multiple chems off of a manifold type setup (one two-way valve after another in succesion) or something similiar?

I built a unit with garage door openers and relays once and it worked good but sometimes the signal could not reach the equipment because the trailers blocked it so I stopped using it after a few years(wasn't worth the maint).

The one thing I did do for chem switching that did work good was use extension cord with a three way switch to go step 1/step 2/ off... that worked good. Eventually I just settled on the 2 man crew 1 guy step 1, one guy step 2 then both rinse back or 1 soap-1 rinse.

Getting back to the question...Dema makes some banked manifolds, but be careful what you wish for you just might have spend your time fixing it.

I put one on a hot water skid, cost me 59.99 here:

Heartland America: Crime Stopper Remote Start RS-1505DP

took all of 1 hour to install and works great. It has a range of almost 100 yards in the clear and works through a concrete wall as well. 2 remotes . I cheated a little and used a cheap high gain antenna and mounted it to the top of the box truck to increase the range but it has been flawless for almost a year now.

You can purchase anything you want. Making it do what you want is another story.

Sometimes you have to modify the remote to do what you want it to do.

For example making it pull the choke out is a very difficult task.

It could be done with an actuator added into the mix. But you would need 2 relays as well.

post-411-137772187662_thumb.gif

was that for the hot water on/off, or the whole machine?

On off for whole machine. I could add 2 more functions to it with the same system. I do KEC so I am allways using hotwater. i just need to shut it down so ofter when moving

I love the idea. About 4 weeks ago we were 300-400 ft. away when the supply detached itself. NO water going to the one machine. It would have been nice to hit the kill switch instead of scrambling that whole way crapping knowing what ever it was, was not going to be good for the pump. Turned out to be the filter had worked its way loose. Maybe 45 seconds to a minute. Forgot I could run that fast.

I had a wire attatched to my hose that ran 2 valves for 2 stepping worked great for 7 or 8 months then the wire broke a couple of times. I built a new wireless remote that turns my soap and acid on or off You can only have one or the other on at a time and i can shut the whole thing off for rinsing, it works from about 150-175 feet, It doesn't work so good in between trailers but I just wash so I end up wher I can switch.

Jerry B

Cleaner Image Power Washing

cleanerimagepw@sbcglobal.net

920-740-6100