Sign in to follow this  
We Wash Concrete

Sorbo Squeegee's

For those who offer window cleaning, you have got to try the Sorbo brand of squeegee's. They are made a little different then most squeegees that allow it to do things that most can't. The picture shows the green handled 18 inch Unger and the black handled 36 inch Sorbo. This Sorbo really speeds up time on larger glass like showrooms.

post-2570-137772188508_thumb.jpg

10 years of window cleaning and Sorbo's quicksilver is the best over 18" squeegee I've ever used. Ettore for under 18" and the newer ergonomic handles are great. Unger seems best suited for light duty residential.

Another feature I like with the Sorbo is the way the rubber refills come on a roll. You don't have to keep all seperate sizes on hand for your different length channels. The silicone rubber refills seem to last longer for me too. 30 inch strip washer and a 30 or 36 strip washer and you can smoke through some large pane windows. You get twice as many people watching you too. :)

Back when i broke into window cleaning in 1977 all that was available was brass channels(Ettore) which all the old timers i knew then & still today alot prefer the brass for weight!

Since then and about 15 million sq ft of glass cleaned later i have tried EVERY squeegee out there(worth trying) even a few from the UK.

Sorbo is an "excellent" squeegee,although the quicksilver is the biggest seller they actually make 3 types quicksilver,cobra & black mamba what's unique about the QS is..the 45 degree angle cut on the channel where the cobra has plastic end plugs (good for not maring frames) and the black mamba a "straight cut" channel preferred by many for poling or using in a "Ledger" handle.

Today my squeegee of choice is the featherweights by Steccone SUPER lightweight can sling it all day get as far as "ergonomics" are concerned and are just a tuff & durable made of aircraft aluminum.

Thanks for the advice, Sparkleman!

r

No Worries! Here's another little nugget if your making straight pulls be it..horizontally or vertically or fanning with it cut your rubber tight (maybe a 1/16" of an inch from the channels end) and keep the rubber in the lowest slot if...your poling try putting the rubber in the 2nd slot up from the bottom makes poling with it even easier!