Sign in to follow this  
Njones

Rate my new website!

Question

11 answers to this question

You know I really like the look a lot

BUT, I also think it moves to much. to many things that move and confused me (Im a little slow thou). The menu all that movement was to much, the below that were it says window cleaning, rope access etc it looks like you are suppose to be able to click on it, but nothing happens

I like the professional look (Very professional)and wonder what others will say of the movement. Good luck with it

Nat,

Very nice site. I am wondering if you specilize in rope work. I see you have dedicated all your pictures to large buildings? I agree that it is a very busy site. Thank You.

No text on your home page will hurt you in organic searches

And I did start to get tired of all the movement whenever I clicked a new link. Maybe leave the links stationary once you get past the home page? Since the header is the same on every page, the movement is no longer necessary to attract the eye

Thanks for the comments guys!

Its a work in progress, and it originated with a commercial template, so I can't take all the credit for the design.

I never thought of lack of text affecting searches Bigchaz,.. thanks for that tip.

I'll see what I can do to simplify the menu actions,.. but i'm new to flash so it might take a while!

I think it looks really professional, but I honestly like your other site more. I found it on google right away. You have good text on the front page that the search engines are able to index and therefore they know what the content is about. I typed window cleaning femroy and your sister site came right up. Avondhucleaning is no where to be found.

The Welcome To Avondhu Cleaning Services site has only been online a few weeks,.. so it'll take a while to get any kind of search ranking.

Welcome to fermoycleaning.com has been online just over a year now,.. and the search engine rankings are improving every week!

BTW,.. the forum is mainly aimed at Ireland and the UK,.. but its always nice to have visitors for across the pond,.. so you're all more than welcome to join!

Very proffesional looking job. I like the squeegee that wipes the screen, ties in with your profesion. But do you only do hi-rise commercial or do you clean residential windows? However, the left hand side of the screen is confusing, too much movement and then the movement leads nowhere. I kept waiting for a message to pop-up, then I got a bit smarter and moved the screen. Change that part and you will attract more of us old folks. Dump the window washing hints, that is what you are selling. So, are you soliciting business on this side of the pond? What are your rates and when can you come by and give me an estimate?

So, are you soliciting business on this side of the pond? What are your rates and when can you come by and give me an estimate?

Much as I'd love to move to the US,.. from what I hear the weather conditions mean you only get your windows cleaned once or twice a year? I'd never make a living! Over here, wet weather means cleans every 4 - 6 weeks.

Its always nice to get a few visitors from across the pond on the forum though, so I mention it whenever I can!! ;)

I spent a bit of time updating the website today,.. changing some of the high rise pics to residential ones. I still can't figure out how to stop all the movement on the menu though! I'll keep working on that one just to keep the "oldies" happy!