Sign in to follow this  
PWkid

The great pumkin charlie brown

Question

9 answers to this question

Definately from my era. I also love the side stories of snoopy taking on the Red Baron in his flying dog house. The backing music is awesome too!

With all the remakes these days, it relieves me that no one has butchered the Charlie Brown legacy that Schultz left with us.

..... I got a rock!!!

I grew up on Charlie Brown in the 70's - it was a more innocent time, that I wouldn't trade for anything. I was actually watching it again last night. Shulz was really writing about his own life - he was Charlie Brown! He was a sad guy. I think he was also a great educator as well - did you hear some of the words they use? Or how about the jazz music in the background along with the beethoven piano music - and he got kids to listen! And to be honest that's how I first heard about WW1 and the flying aces - society aint the same anymore.

Classic stuff. I always liked the Charllie Brown Christmas too. Nowadays with VCR and DVD you can see those specials anytime. Back in the day you knew you only had one chance a year to see that stuff and it just made it more special I think.

Whenever I see one of those small Christmas trees for an apartment I think "Thats a Charlie Brown tree". I too, am an old head and remember being excited coming home from school because the Charlie Brown special was on that night.

Man - everything has become instant gratification - I agree, waiting a whole year to watch those shows was the best. And I remember planning to watch the special like 2 weeks beforehand. I remember the anticipation as well waiting for winnie the pooh specials. Man - I would so not want to be a kid in todays world.

Whenever I see one of those small Christmas trees for an apartment I think "Thats a Charlie Brown tree". I too, am an old head and remember being excited coming home from school because the Charlie Brown special was on that night.

I too remember the excitement of it, those were the days and now they are classics. Oh for a simpler life for our children

I have been getting DVDs, of Casper The Ghost, Tom & Jerry and some real old ones for my boy and he likes them all.

We caught the show the other night. Had fun stressing to my boy how exciting the Red Baron and Snoopy thing is.... it brung back memories of model airplane building. Had the motorized model of Snoopy and his Sopwith Camel.

My lady had fun letting him know about how his head is big like Charlie's. He said his head is so big cause it is full of juice and brains.

Kids...ya gotta luv'em. :)