Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

down hill

Question

Is it just me or is things starting to get bad. What I mean is I do a lot of work for trucking CO. And my cust called me and ask me if I heard the news and I said no and he told me well I had to sell out.And this guy has been in biz for 40 years I have been washing his rigs for the past 5 years This will be the 3rd client who sold out. With the gas price going up to who know what..

We need to stop the oil co running our country!!!!!

Jobs are down. some milk cost about 4-6 bucks, homes are in the dumps

I still have my share of work but what is to come. It starts at the top and rolls down hill If the truckers are going down the rest will fall soon is my point

AM I thinking wrong? Or we hurting as a country and SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE..

COM ON GUYS LAY IT ON ME.

18 answers to this question

Our trade policies stink. I am not a total protectionist but look what is going on with Chineese imports and lead poisoning. Now imported sea food is full of bad stuff. How do U.S. companies compete with off shore operations that don't have to comply with the rules operations located in the U.S. do? I was in the textile industry for 27 years and NAFTA totally destroyed the textile industry in the U.S. In my opinion the economy is in the toilet.

You are all a bunch of cry babies. The Republican President and Republican congress have done nothing but good things these past 6-8 years. JUST ASK THEM

Its all those liberal Democrats (you know the ones that had no power the past 6-8 years) That are making the economy bad

Oh so what a little lead paint and no good jobs for Americans, wont kill anybody.

You are all a bunch of cry babies. The Republican President and Republican congress have done nothing but good things these past 6-8 years. JUST ASK THEM

Its all those liberal Democrats (you know the ones that had no power the past 6-8 years) That are making the economy bad

Oh so what a little lead paint and no good jobs for Americans, wont kill anybody.

I agree with you Jeff. Well besides the lead paint and no good jobs stuff. You have made a good point. When those liberal Democrats get some power, we will all be racing downhill in a handbasket! If Hilary becomes President I may have to start using the words ehh and hoser more often as well as buy a warmer coat. I am glad to see you made the cross over...

I'm just counteracting sarcasm with sarcasm Jeff! You left it wide open, I couldn't resist lol!

If they are so great why the heck are we spending billions over sea

everyone says Oh we are there for the oil..YA RIGHT THEN WHY THE HECK IS OUR GAS PRICE SO HIGH.Do not get me wrong I;AM fully with are troops.Who are risking it all.Look at our health care in the US, OUR OWN GOV IS ROBBING US BLIND BUT YET WE SELL THE SAME DRUG OVER SEAS FOR DIRT CHEAP

SO IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY OUR GOV CAN CARE LESS ABOUT US

JUST LOOK AT YOUNG TOMMY THAT GOT HIS LEGS AND ARMS BLOWN OFF FIGHTING FOR US YOU TELL ME WHAT HE GETS...I TELL YOU NOTHING BUT A MAYBE JUST MAYBE A 600 SSI CHECK...WHEN WE HAVE BUMS ALL DRUG OUT SOAKING UP MY SSI.SO WHEN WE ARE OLD WE HAVE NOTHING CAUSE SOME DIRT BAG SOAK IT UP.BUT YET MY DAD HAS A BAD HEART AND CAN NOT WORK A LICK DO YOU THINK HE CAN GET HELP HELL NO...THERE IS A LOT MORE I CAN GO ON ABOUT BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS NO MATTER WHO RUNS THE SHOW THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANY BODY.

OUR COUNTRY NEEDS THE BILLIONS SPENT RIGHT HERE AT HOME.

Hmm, I was just looking at my gross sales and net revenue. Sales are up a little over last year. About 1%, so one good invoice, and it will pass last year. Probably happen this week.

Net is up about 30% over last year.

In arizona unemployment is about 3.7%. If this is a bad economy, I do not undertand what a good economy might be.

As for the free trade, etc. I agree. I think that everyone has to paly on a level playing field, and by the same rules. So, if a country has protective restrictions on US goods entering their country, they should have the same restrictions on them. Same goes for immigration. It would be amazing to see how quickly the US as a whole would right itself if these things were put in place. Shoot, GM might even make a profit.

I am talking out of both sides of my mouth, but, there are some things I don't like to see, even if the local economy here is good.

I

I'm just counteracting sarcasm with sarcasm Jeff! You left it wide open, I couldn't resist lol!

Go for it Dude, thats why I post a lot of this stuff, got to have some fun and let you righties have someone to beat up.........We all know you like to fight.......Iraq and the next republican prize fight......Iran in 10 rounds. Go GW LOL

Hey who that is running for President, any party is willing to pass a law making out-sourching illegal and retroactive say 10 years?

Who running for President is willing to say STOP all imports from China?

Which is willing to say America FIRST and to hell with pretending we have to continue to show the world we care about them?

I cannot count the number of years I have always said take care of our own first, if there is anything left over then go help those less fortunate folks.

As long as we have people that don't have shoes, food, clothings and roofs over their heads I say to hell with all the other countries.

I make on exception here, those house less folks to lazy to want to work and do their share, not the truly homeless mind you but those that said why should I work when I can get it all free,

I make on exception here, those house less folks to lazy to want to work and do their share, not the truly homeless mind you but those that said why should I work when I can get it all free,

Jon Well said ,.........wow this post is still around

Jetstream I don't log on as much so don't always pay attention to dates of post. Guess I should start doing that before replying.

Jeff - do you think the longer our economy goes in this direction, will more people wake up and realize how bad republicans are? Heck even the party faithfuls that backed Nixon in watergate - finally after time came to realize he did in fact do a criminal act. Bring on the Democrats and taxation! I'd rather be making 80-90 grand paying taxes - then under republicans working for McDonalds - thinking about how much better my life is flipping burgers while the rich are no longer unfairly double-taxed on their dividends.

Stop waiting for the government to step in...if you don't want us to buy cheap crap from China, stop buying cheap crap made in China. Most of us won't go that far, because while we like to complain about how trade agreements are unfair to US workers, we love the cheap price these trade agreements bring us.

Mike I do look at the labels and if there is a choice other then China I buy that item.

Plainpainter, you truly don't understand what all those demo's want from you, your rights to freedom.

Not saying the Reps are any better but even the governor of NM is full of BS.

If you have been following what he says ask him why this state has some of the worst failures in schools, why so many are un-insured and why so many drunks are still out there driving after being arrested for DWI 15 plus times.

What I am saying is neither party is worthy of having a President in the White House.

Problem is what party is there to compete against the big money lairs?

Mike - I try not to buy the cheap crap from China - but as of late, we aren't even given the choice these days. It's not like there is an 'American' made aisle and a chinese aisle. I mostly go to hardware stores and am forced to buy chinese - they don't stock anything else. I already don't shop at Wal-fart and other bix box stores. But I find I am not even given the choice to support american made products. Heck, some american cars have tons of foreign made parts.

Jon - I agree wholeheartedly that Dem's aren't much different. I just latch onto the historical part of the democratic party. Afterall, with some research, I have basically found that if you go back to 1880's - there didn't exist a middle class in the sense of the 20th century. And that FDR gave rise to our great middle class, and I'd like to support that way of life. My dream is that the democrats represent the far right - I don't want any party further to the right than them.

Jon - I agree wholeheartedly that Dem's aren't much different. I just latch onto the historical part of the democratic party. Afterall, with some research, I have basically found that if you go back to 1880's - there didn't exist a middle class in the sense of the 20th century. And that FDR gave rise to our great middle class, and I'd like to support that way of life. My dream is that the democrats represent the far right - I don't want any party further to the right than them.

The dems are no longer the champions of the middle class....Those days are long gone.