Sign in to follow this  
The Rob

POP UPS on the Grime scene!

Question

Is anyone else getting pop ups when they open up the grime scene? I get them when I first open it, and then when ever I go too different forums, they keep popping up. They range from workonline4pay to get your choice of *** partners! I was just wondering what was going on?

Robert

12 answers to this question

I'm not getting any, and my popup manager isn't showing that any have been blocked, it's probably some "spyware" or "adware" that's been surreptitiously installed in the background on your computer. Do a google search for "spybot search and destroy" and download it and clean your machine. Great program, just pay attention to the warnings!

There should not be any pop-ups from this site. We pay our hosting company to be pop-up free. I'll log a report. Any URL's associated with popups should be emailed to me privately. I'll forward them to the host company as well.

Any I would check your system for spyware... it's good advice.

Beth

I have a virus scan and firewall installed on my computer, I thought that would take care of anything like that. When I log on to other sites, I'm not getting the pop ups. I logged on to the local paper and college, did not get any when I did that. I will run a check and see if I have any thing on my computer. Thanks for the quick replies!

Robert

I did the adaware like you said Beth. When it got done, there was a 160 files that it deleted. I have not had any more pop ups since I have visited the board again! I was shocked when I got pop ups from here, that is why I decided to say something. Thanks for the quick response!

Beth, I have some really awesome pictures of a truck that I recieved in an email that I think everyone would appreciate seeing. I can't get the pictures to post though. Can I forward the email to you and maybe you can post them?

Thanks, Robert

Ad-Aware Pro is what I use and it works to good at times.

Pop up and spam, most annoying things to ever happen to the Internet and they won't go away no matter how many laws are passed.