Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

frequency and duration

Who has the frequency,duration and cancellation terms actually written into their contract?Does your maintenance contract automatically renew unless you receive written notice?

We have always tried to do business on a hand shake,but that changed after this morning.Stupid on my part since I have a contract that I should have been using all along.

The one thing it lacks are the things I'm asking about.Since the majority of our business is commercial flat work on a monthly basis I need to get these few specifics nailed down.Starting next week all accounts will be receiving contracts to sign.

Sounds simple enough to just expect them to be ok with that but don't bet on it with everyone. Better decision might be to work yer way into it slowly one step at a time from account to account for existing customers.

I only hold customers to 30 day notice with no duration listed and paperwork is more for scope of work, frequency and a bit of show. I describe things as being based on quality of work and ongoing mutual relationship.

Any work done without contract collect under an 'on-call basis' at completion via written or verbal price quote or a provided price sheet that lists rates for such type work.

Whoem ever is on shift does a 'pay-out'..Unsure what laws rule off-contract type purchasing but most everyone respects it like hey if the price is on the wall you done bought it. I think any judge in the land would uphold a charge you make upon someone if their was past business dealings proving a known figure or expectation of work that gets performed.. ya think?

Scott, you got one of my old agreements. never expires never never never... and people love them. Unless they want to cancel

I don't have one from you Ron.I need to get one ASAP though.

Todays events have showed me just how important adhering to a contract is.