Sign in to follow this  
MMI Enterprises

Anybody feeling Grinchy?

Question

Anybody feeling Grinchy?

A few things do got me abit Grumpier than usual the last couple days...Not sure Grinchy is the right word but it is fitting for the season :)

1. Work schedule gets all messed up during Christmas time and usually equates to loss of work for me.

2. The whole house is sick.

3. And to top it off the kid clogged the back toilet and it ran 40 gal of water all over my bedroom and closet!!

...Merry Christmas is still a few days away.

Share up yer stresses of the season folks. :)

19 answers to this question

I was feeling Grinchy today until I went on a Motorcycle ride from one of the local clubs to Shriners Childrens Hospital delivering toys. One visit with those kids and all your problems seem like nothing.

shriner_ride_c.jpg

shriner_ride_b.jpg

shriner_ride_a.jpg

I was feeling Grinchy today until I went on a Motorcycle ride from one of the local clubs to Shriners Childrens Hospital delivering toys. One visit with those kids and all your problems seem like nothing.

That is so true, I will take some kids i know 2 morrow some blankets needed and some food to tide them over. Adopted a family that was robed a week back and lost the rent money and are behind. widowed mother with three small kids.

Kids shouldnt suffer for no reason, they are pure.

That is awsome Mike and Ron,

People helping people is what we need in our World and there is just not enough of it!

We just went Thur Hell to get back home from a vacation because of bad (last night 12-23-07 5:30am) storms in the Midwest States. We came across some grateful air line employees and a personal bus charter guy(he drove in white out conditions) to get ten of my Family members all home safely, we were grateful to be home for Christmas because it was not looking good for us to be home for Christmas Eve. People helping People +big tips to help them!

Giving to less fortunate Family's and Kid's during the holiday season is extremely rewarding. My wife and I like getting a list from our local school system of Family's and Children that are not going to have such of a nice Christmas or Holiday Season because of Loss of a Job, Bad Health Issues or some type of unfortunate events in their life. People helping People makes the World a better place!

Merry Christmas to All,

Tony

Good to hear you are home with the family for Christmas, Kevin!

Yep... It's all a matter of perspective...

My wife took the Christmas day shift at work to let others spend time w family. One family she works with hopes to have their serviceman home from Iraq in a few weeks. We pray for them.

The shock of an imported plastic commercial holiday buying blast impacted us a number of years ago when we went to a wallymart store. But we enjoy seeing others enjoying the spree.

How did things work out at the back of the house, Kevin?

You know, things never really change...

Our kid walked in the other morning and tossed me this, and says "Here Dad..."

Guess he had a big night!

post-2833-137772194847_thumb.jpg

Rich,

What are we looking at there?... a nights worth of needle point?

Carpets and everything is ok now from my flood. Thanx fer asking. Trick with carpets is to get them dry within a couple day. Just a day even can see a place stinking to high heaven. I do combat with the 10% strength Lysol, heater, and snail fans. Was scary though as there was alot more then I bargained for. Water went through a few walls into two other areas of house and I really should of just thrown the lysol down into the flood itself for it to get into the wall framing prior to sucking up although that can make for foamage and more headache..

Michael,

Missed the pics the first time around..Where's your bike?.

Shriners does good stuff, I commend you on your choice of charity work... My little ones are all in good health and another comes in less then a week. Can hardly fathom any them in need of a childrens hospital. Gotta count our blessings there.

Rich,

What are we looking at there?... a nights worth of needle point?

Carpets and everything is ok now from my flood. Thanx fer asking. Trick with carpets is to get them dry within a couple day. Just a day even can see a place stinking to high heaven. I do combat with the 10% strength Lysol, heater, and snail fans. Was scary though as there was alot more then I bargained for. Water went through a few walls into two other areas of house and I really should of just thrown the lysol down into the flood itself for it to get into the wall framing prior to sucking up although that can make for foamage and more headache..

Michael,

Missed the pics the first time around..Where's your bike?.

Shriners does good stuff, I commend you on your choice of charity work... My little ones are all in good health and another comes in less then a week. Can hardly fathom any them in need of a childrens hospital. Gotta count our blessings there.

Mine is in the 3rd pic...3rd bike from left.

Here it is also...

08_road_king_a.jpg