Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

yuck...

Question

8 answers to this question

Coast to Coast radio show last night had a doctor on that spoke all about the bird flu. Has a book out called Pandemic.....scary scary stuff.

Usually the show is mostly about ufology and full of whacked out callers and guests of course but once in awhile they throw in a serious show.

Art Bell and coast to coast have been having dire predictions that the next year there is going to be a bird flu pandemic for about three or four years now. I am still waiting for it. Now, there are a few other things that I am waiting for that have been predicted by the guests on that show. I am still waiting for the HUGE solar flare that was supposed to kill everyone that was outside when it hit because it would bring the temp of the earth up to 300 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes. I am waiting for the Chupacabra to appear in Arizona. I am waiting for the next alien meeting with the president, and for it to be announced publically, and of course, the worldwide Ebola outbreak.

You just cannot take anything too seriously that is on that show. I love listening to it, though. One of the things that makes me look forward to night work just because I find it so darn entertaining.

Yup.. is so darn entertaining makes me laugh in hysterics at times and hard as all get out to turn the truck off to do a job...

Funny thing is some tiddle of truth can often be found in even the craziest of ideas. Yea they exagerate topics but they often come from real facts or theories. Way I see it some topics can be real easy to get there with common everyday beliefs.

For instance, if we are believers of a place after this world along the lines of our religious faith it can be real easy to have to accept that yes indeed there are entities from else where walking around or effecting the physical world in some fashion..aka ghosts..lol..

Scott you mention the flare thing..umm well if some similar yet very dissimilar energy discharge event that happens elsewhere in the cosmos was to happen in our neck of the woods we would all indeed vanish from the face of the Earth. Most cosmologists with half a brain likely know that the odds are probably running out. Yea it could be 10's or thousands of millions of years but at some point this Earth could be sterile again. Such can be without the Suns help and we wouldn't know till it happens. Gamma radiation discharges from elsewhere is serious stuff and just a matter of distance if it gonna hurt us.

Another one that interests me is the possability of global temps/ice ages/global warming being effected by things that we could be passing through as we travel through the plane of the milky way.Part of that basis comes from supposed facts that other planets of our system are also showing or going through effects that come from our local outerspace. There are deffinatley cycles of things we just haven't pinned down yet from all our geological record. When things are spread out over millions of years it surely must be hard to figure it all out...

But hey I'de be careful what you wait for or wish for. Can't imagine millions upon millions worth of people perishing in a pandemic. I truly do feel that at some point resistancy of bugs will rear its ugly head to an extreme level and if that happens to take place along with a bug that cares not much about all our cleanliness minded practices such as hand washing the world is gonna be in for huge problem. These modern times the world is so much more connected then other times in history. Maybe I should buy that book and check it out more.

Anyways.. don't sweat the small stuff as they say and take it all as entertainment. :)

Most cosmologists with half a brain likely know that the odds are probably running out.

I don't really think that the chick who cuts my hair is any kind of expert on space stuff!