Sign in to follow this  
alvisishere

Snowing in Georgia

Question

10 answers to this question

From what I hear y'all down in Georgia stop driving when they see snow flakes, I also here they close the schools and everything comes to a standstill business wise.

Heard no one knows how to drive in snow and ice there.

Is that why you got all excited cause you get to stay home inside when it snows:lgcold:

I've lived in GA 22 years but am originally from North of Chicago. The first snow that fell when we were here was crazy. As soon as people saw the first flake they were shutting everything down. Every grocery store was out of milk and bread.

After living here awhile you realize that most areas here don't have the equipment to deal with snow removal on the roads and driving in it here is different than up north. This last snow was not that big a deal. Schools were closed but I didn't see the run on the grocery stores and most businesses were open.

From what I hear y'all down in Georgia stop driving when they see snow flakes, I also here they close the schools and everything comes to a standstill business wise.

Heard no one knows how to drive in snow and ice there.

Is that why you got all excited cause you get to stay home inside when it snows:lgcold:

Just depends on what you are used to,

I'm just a good ol'e boy from Fla.,

Some of you guys might get excited about going to the beach or Gosh forbid maybe going to Disney world...just another day for me..been there done that!!

Can you do me a favor and look in your Spokane phonebook and see if there is a Burt Coston listed there? I have lost contact with him since my Navy days and I know he went back to his home town of Spokane Washington. If you see it in there, please email me at Copgib@earthlink.net Thanks Hugh Gibson