Sign in to follow this  
dperrin

Help with good sale pitch

Question

Hey everyone, been trying to get new leads from Service Magic. It seems that there is a lot of competition in our area (Atlanta). Not having much success in getting the jobs. I'm sure our main problem is a lack of sales skills. Can any of you suggest some sales pitches that work well for you. I imagine the goal would be to get the customer to say yes to us on the first contact, but not sure exactly how to make that happen. Could use some suggestions as relate to a first phone call and/or in person. I'm sure there are some strategies for both. Thanks for the help.

14 answers to this question

Are you loosing because of price (Saw it on your website). If so it is because you are telling your competition on what you charge. Also before and after pictures are very benefial sells tool.

Charlie

Hey everyone, been trying to get new leads from Service Magic. It seems that there is a lot of competition in our area (Atlanta). Not having much success in getting the jobs. I'm sure our main problem is a lack of sales skills. Can any of you suggest some sales pitches that work well for you. I imagine the goal would be to get the customer to say yes to us on the first contact, but not sure exactly how to make that happen. Could use some suggestions as relate to a first phone call and/or in person. I'm sure there are some strategies for both. Thanks for the help.

The problem is your advertising (Online) for the wrong team.

Your advertising is hurting your cause.

If I asked for a bid from you, I would then ask for the same bid from the other 10 that advertise on your site free of charge thanks to google.

I just happened to click on one of the advertisers on your site and found 3 just in your area.

Powerwashing:

Pressure Washing, Residential, E-Commerce, Carnell’s Pressure Washing, College Park, GA

New Construction Cleaning, Housekeeping, Carpet Cleaning, LC Construction Cleaning, Loganville, GA

DIY;

Bond Distributing - One TIME WOOD

The problem is your advertising (Online) for the wrong team.

Your advertising is hurting your cause.

If I asked for a bid from you, I would then ask for the same bid from the other 10 that advertise on your site free of charge thanks to google.

I just happened to click on one of the advertisers on your site and found 3 just in your area.

Powerwashing:

Pressure Washing, Residential, E-Commerce, Carnell’s Pressure Washing, College Park, GA

New Construction Cleaning, Housekeeping, Carpet Cleaning, LC Construction Cleaning, Loganville, GA

DIY;

Bond Distributing - One TIME WOOD

I understand what you are saying as far as my website is concerned. But that aside, I am talking about what guys are saying to get jobs on the first call. Many times I have contacted the customer 10 minutes after recieving the lead (email or text) and when I call the customer they say, 'no thanks, I already have a guy that will do the work'. Or maybe I get the first call in and tell them I will come out later today or tomorrow for a quote and I loose the job in the mean time. Are these guys that use Service Magic just promising the world and low balling?

I understand what you are saying as far as my website is concerned. But that aside, I am talking about what guys are saying to get jobs on the first call. Many times I have contacted the customer 10 minutes after recieving the lead (email or text) and when I call the customer they say, 'no thanks, I already have a guy that will do the work'. Or maybe I get the first call in and tell them I will come out later today or tomorrow for a quote and I loose the job in the mean time. Are these guys that use Service Magic just promising the world and low balling?

the first step is to forget the word "Service Magic"

The second is to advertise and target the customers you are trying to get , you site is vague on what you service , it seems like you just want a little of the simple thing anyone can do , if you are going to have pricinig be more specific of what your services include ...... if I were a customer I would not contact you based on pricing simply because your prices make you seem unsure of what to charge (like you are protecting yourself) ie. Bank Drive thrus .08 to .30 per square foot, if you cahrge them .30 they may think they are getting over charged , same with your home 100 to 300 flat rate , if I were a customer I would think I had been over charged if you said 300 , I would ask what does the 100 house wash include

anyway I know what you are trying to accomplish but I think at least on your site you may want to revise the pricing and be a little more specific, heck these guys are a link right on your site too

Naples Pressure Cleaning and Roof Cleaning Pros - Commercial and Residential - Franklin Cleaning , PRESSURE WASHING - Atlantic, Cedar Island, Emerald Isle, Sealevel, Newport, Morehead City, Carteret County, NC - Compton , I would spend 12 bucks a month and do my own site not a sponsored on as well, everytime you click back on your site it will send you to a different power wash company link ??????

another thing , would you actually drive and do a mobile home for this ? Single Wide - "$40 - $55 and Double Wide $50 - $65" I would not , if I were you even set up for that , I see you are in Atlanta , you may shoot your self in the foot on that one , it would be ok if you had 10 in a row for that but you are making your self look cheap , what if a home owner calls you and says I have a house but its about the same size as a double wide and it s 2000 square feet , cant you charge me the same as the large double wide price which is 65.00 ? I am not picking just trying to help you a bit.

As many washers that have gone out of business in Atlanta area you should be able to make some money

Oh and on Service Magic ? They are pimps ! They will send leads to as many as they can , then you do become a price "price magic guy" and soon you will be advertising on Craigslist in the equipment for sale section, leave Service Magic alone in my oponion !

dperrin - under the circumstances in Atlanta, is it even allowable to do the residential stuff that Service Magic leads are for?

Also, and I know the majority have not had good results with SM, but we've figured out how to play their game. You CANNOT put yourself in a market for (oh this is going to sound offensive although certainly not intended!!) generic services like housewashing. Every Joe with a pressure washer will whip you on price. Service Magic works when you have a specialized area (decks included) that has a very strict service area. DO NOT try to have a large service area - you can't compete with a guy that is 5 minutes away from a job that takes you 45 minutes to get there...unless it's a high dollar (meaning 4 figures or more) project.

Our experience overall with Service Magic has been very very good. We may be in the minority though!

Celeste

dperrin - under the circumstances in Atlanta, is it even allowable to do the residential stuff that Service Magic leads are for?

Also, and I know the majority have not had good results with SM, but we've figured out how to play their game. You CANNOT put yourself in a market for (oh this is going to sound offensive although certainly not intended!!) generic services like housewashing. Every Joe with a pressure washer will whip you on price. Service Magic works when you have a specialized area (decks included) that has a very strict service area. DO NOT try to have a large service area - you can't compete with a guy that is 5 minutes away from a job that takes you 45 minutes to get there...unless it's a high dollar (meaning 4 figures or more) project.

Our experience overall with Service Magic has been very very good. We may be in the minority though!

Celeste

My understanding is that any job is legal except for cleaning concrete in Cobb county. (if you are referring to the drought). Although I contacted the water department in Bartow county just north of Cobb and they said concrete was fine as long as I am licensed.

also I have a commercial job coming up in Peach Tree City , let me know if you want to grab a cup of coffee , unless you are coming to the Alabama Round Table ?

What are the details on the Round Table? I would love to come.

What kind of job do you have going in Peach Tree?

What are the details on the Round Table? I would love to come.

What kind of job do you have going in Peach Tree?

Now you know I cant diclose my clients , SILLY !

HERE IS THE LISTING WITH ALL THE INFO WE HAVE ABOUT 20 SPOTS LEFT, CLICK THE ALABAMA LINK BELOW

Alabama