Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

penofin

Question

8 answers to this question

Sane results as Beth. Every deck I have ever seen with Penofin was black. When I was testing WoodZotic against other commercially available brands, Penofin was always the first to go followed directly by Cabot's ATO.. usually about three months. Well I did do a test with Ready Seal and that lasted 3 weeks so I guess you can surmise it was better than that for hardwoods but thats not a fair test. RS is not made for hard woods.

I used that stuff when I first started, I cant believe how black the decks turned. I lost alot of customers due to that. Also, somewhat difficult to remove if not weathered. Cant say much about the hardwood sealer though, let us know how it looks after a year. I believe that natural oils tend to feed mold as to where the synthetics do not.

Have not used the hardwood formula only the regular. It stinks to high heaven for too long either from the rose oil or turpentine. In direct sun it doesn't last long but a year or so. Nature of the stuff is that you never know how one board might take the oil compared to another and some can go real dark. Haven't seen it feed or grow mold or such though. Worst to use around here on the new redwood is the RS. It turns black from the extractives. I been experimenting with penofin by adding it to other products to richen them up a tad...overall would have to say the penofin I tried is no comparison to a product such as Woodrich or Omax on its own.