Sign in to follow this  
bsblltj

Estimate sheets

Question

14 answers to this question

Ron I still write all my estimates. I have my letterhead on a two sheet form that works like carbon paper. Although there isn't any carbon paper to it, it still works exactly like carbon paper where I can keep a copy for my records of the actual form I gave the customer. Hugh

I use both. If it's a big bid as far as complexity and I want to show pictures of their hood exhaust system then I do computerized. However, if it's a small mom and pop and they just basically want a bid, I have hand written for that that are 2 part. Office Depot does them for me.

I hand-write all my quotes and give it to the customer on the spot. If the customer isn't there or I need to check something before I give a quote on a certain part of the job I will e-mail or fax a PDF version.

My commercial estimates are done on the computer. I use three part carbonless when doing residential. Very little writing involved. I basically check boxes, enter numbers, and note any areas of concerns. I have spent hundresd of hours tweaking my sheets, and they are still not where I want them, but they are professional and effective. Remember your paperwork is part of the sale. I get mine printed at a local shop. I find it best to do business local when possible.

Those that are doing it on computer: Do you have a spreadsheet that you type item information in and the value, or do you have a program designed for pressure washing estimates?

I just use Excel for my computer estimates. I type in what it is (Clean eaves, brick, hardiplank, whatever) then I list the quanity, X sqft or X lnft, then the unit price, then the total price for each item. Then I total it all up. I think it looks decent, but definitely could be improved upon greatly. Anyone proud enough of their estimate sheets to share with us that have sheets we're not all that happy with?