Sign in to follow this  
rc_freak

Do you need a contractors license for pw business

Hey guys im new to the site. Ive been PW for 3 years with a company and have decided to start my own business. I got my buisness license through the state in fl and not to sure wether i need a contractors license in fl or not. Can anyone help thanks.

Chances are they would not have issued you a business license without proof of a contractor's license if one was required but best to check anyway.

I would not count on that....at least in MD there are lots of unlicensed guys who have business licenses. Different part of the State.

Try this....

DBPR: Home Page

Beth

Check with your state. Everyone is different. In Michigan you do not need to be licensed for power washing but you do need licensed as a Maintenance/Alteration Contractor if the job amount is over $600. No one checks though in Michigan and I am one of two people in my area that actually carries a license.

Also check townships and municipalities. There is no PA licensing requirements (for ANY contractor other than plumbers and electricians) but every township we work in requires a license. At $50 per pop, it adds up quickly.