Sign in to follow this  
jeffex11

Who's Ready

Question

I put the sign back on my truck window and just waiting for 60+ degrees to get started!!! The deckdoctor is making house calls!!! We'll see if the economy effects the P-wash business.

24 answers to this question

Hope to network with ya'all this season. I tend to send the southern end of montgomery co. your way. We're still small time in a big time way on purpose. Good luck this season!!

Im as ready as im going to get. I have a new rig and truck and hired 2 FT guys. Managing them while working another FT job is going to be a great challenge. Luckily for me they both have experience and seem to have good common sense. If everything goes ok and I have a good season than I will quit my other job for next season and get another rig going.

Im as ready as im going to get. I have a new rig and truck and hired 2 FT guys. Managing them while working another FT job is going to be a great challenge. Luckily for me they both have experience and seem to have good common sense. If everything goes ok and I have a good season than I will quit my other job for next season and get another rig going.

You found TWO guys with common sense, amazing LOL

Hope the warm weather gets there soon for you all

Man, Im ready!! Got my homemade deckster made, and I had my first call of the season today!

The only bad part is I just bought a F250 diesel and the price of diesel is probably going to be 4.50/gallon. Oh well, just have to adjust my estimates accordingly.

Can't wait to get started. Gave my first estimate last week. Bam! I barely got the price out of my mouth before they said do it. Damn, should have bid higher:). Now, if the weather will just break a little as I have to have it done by the end of the month. But March is usually pretty good here on the coast of NC.

Hey terry haven't seen you post on here in a while. I was starting to wonder if you were still rollin down there

How far is your service area from Carolina Beach? Im at school in Wilmington might have to meet up with you if I ever get some free time

Hi Charlie,

Yea, getting old (got another birthday Friday) and trying to slow down some. I want to sit in one of those chairs in my avatar with a cold one. Staying busy enough right now. Got bored during the winter so I actually went to work for Walgreens as a photo tech. Pay sucks, but boy do I have fun! Shoot me a private msg when you have the time to meet up. March is full but I don't have anything for April yet.

Our vehicles and equipment is always ready. Bob Williamson is adding a bandit to our rig now. Soon as the weather breaks, Let's do it! We have 2 months of exterior painting & PWing ready to do. Lousey weather today and the rest of the week.

luckily I have been carrying over jobs from the previous yrs for the past few. Just waiting for some 60s to knock off a few small jobs beforre the big ones. daylight savings time helps me next week too.

Im ready out here in No.California too! Cant wait to get my hands on some new decks this year. I run a gutter cleaning business that keeps me busy Nov-Feb. We do cleaning and screening mainly. We try to bring in 600-1000 p/day when were busy. The deck work si more profitable and FAR more interesting! Have a great year all!

I am seeking flat work this year in pavers. Last season I found a supplier for a water based sealer that gives a gloss finish to pavers. I hope to sell more of this type of work if I can. I have yet to try the product since it was too cold when I got my sample last year. Pavers are an untapped market in this area IMO. In Fla. they are a whole industry. Many of us do this work but I want to push it!!! Great to still feel the anticipation of the new season even after 17 yrs.

I got one of my favorite calls again today. Previous customer called to tell me to "do my thing" on his deck again whenever I can get to it. Threepeat for this guy. No balk at the slight price increase. Gotta' love it!!

Itching to go, however very jealous to see all the companies starting up and it is 5 degrees in Minnesota today. Can i stain in 5 degree temperatures? hee, hee,

John Peterson, Peterson Deck Restoration

We have been fortunate, we do all kinds of property maintenance and have, dispite the nasty weather, have had a couple roofs cleaned, and a property that we cleaned about 10000 sq ft. of concrete, have painted the house, are waiting for break i the rain to paint the shop and stain the deck and fence..... not a bad start to the season. Looking forward to getting the weather to catch up on two houses to paint and large decks to refinish left over from last year. Apparently we are the only people in this area with this kind of luck.

By the way, what are you all getting to refinish decks, and do you have a product that you have been particularly fond of? I have tried several products and have yet to be very impressed.