Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

Here comes the technology

Question

Here is the latest technology from Muralo - it is a waterbourne alkyd deck stain. Muralo has always been proactive company in the coatings industry - and for a small company they have really worked hard to put EPA compliant coatings out ahead of the actual laws. While in some ways this has been annoying, because they have let their oil products over the years really become cheesy. This is in part because instead of overburdening an already small R&R department, they simply took ingredients out of the can as mandated, did not reformulate - but instead were buying their time while the chemists were working on vast departures from old technology.

The rewards of this have been fantastic - their interior paints are the very best in the industry - I routinely use their waterbourne interior products, especially their Ultra semigloss - and eveyrone thinks my trim work is oil. They have waterbased primers that kill knots, waterbourne polyurethanes that look like glass and more durable than oil based poly's, the most amazing exterior paints in the industry - now they even have self priming high coverage latex paints. And now this product - I will be trying it and seeing how well it works, but as the can says - it has less than 250ml/L - it is basically butyl/water/alkyd. And I believe the 'stainshield' technology is nano-technology. Here are some pics.

post-1720-137772197555_thumb.jpg

post-1720-137772197597_thumb.jpg

post-1720-137772197638_thumb.jpg

post-1720-137772197682_thumb.jpg

57 answers to this question

I intend to test these products, James. And I am putting the knowledge out there for others that are interested in testing as well. If any of my currently used stains heads south on me - I want to know I have a backup in the works.

Adrian,

Everyone here is responsible for marshaling their behavior. I have a business to run too. I'm not a babysitter. I'm not a den mother. I'm not in a position to read every post in every thread every day. I am in a position however to remind all of you to remain professional and to follow the forum rules for your own benefit and the benefit of others online. Anyone may report a post by clicking the Report Post icon. This ensures it gets read. No one should assume that any TGS Staff member will see a post you may find offensive. Also you need to remember that unless specific names are called, it may not be seen as bashing. All foul language gets automatically removed and has **** stars that will replace it. Names made of other more benign words will not. In general, if you feel hot headed WALK AWAY.

This thread was a professional thread, started by a very professional member. To me it is a shame to see it degrade like this. SEVERAL moderators and now and Admin have asked everyone to remain professional. It's not those who are professional that are creating problems. It's those who can't rise above it. Get back on topic, have a nice day. I have work to do. :)

Beth :seeya: