Sign in to follow this  
John T

Twister for Enviromental Cleaning

While at the Awesome PWNA Convention in Dallas I was talking with this guy at a booth there that sells this same twister

http://www.deckguide.com/twister.htm which can be set up like this one. That fat hose coming up on the left side of the handle is used for reclaiming.

Has anyone ever used this twister before with and without the reclaming set-up hose??

I believe the guy at the booth told me this type of set-up goes for around $3000.

Either way some thoughts on this would be appreciated.

John,

While I have no first hand knowledge of this machine, I will share what I have heard several times. Due to the size of this beast, it would be best used with a larger gpm unit, in the 8 to 10 gpm range.

I would love to try one out and see how it does. I wonder what the vacuum requirements are for this unit. The Steel Eagle Fury System is rated for a max size of 24" on the surface cleaner, according to their specs. So based on that, this monster will need much more. I will have to look into it and see if they have a website and tell more.

Alan,

I was also told by the guy at the convention that the motor on top of this surface cleaner causes the bar to spin much faster which means less passes that you have to make when cleaning.

Also I read or was told somewhere that the more serious players in our Industry tend to use higher gpm machines because of the more money they can make per hour. This is why I am a little bit more interested in a surface cleaner like this.

Its just something I'm looking at to possibly in the future offer the ability to reclaim to some of my potential clients.

Blast under the grime, not on top of it.

The TWISTER uses the force of the engine to propel the bar.

A 5 horsepower engine to forces the rotating bar in the direction of the work.

It makes a big difference.

It improves performance and reduces the time needed to do the job.

Attach a vacuum pickup to suction the dirty water and almost eliminate rinsing.

The vacuum pickup will work with most vacuums.

We suggest one capable of 200 or more cubic feet per minute

I am not hip on that "almost eliminate rinsing" part. What is the point of having a vacuum recovery surface cleaner if it does not entirely rule out the rinsing part? You would then need a secondary containment device to catch the rinse water.

AS a non recovery surfacer, it may work well with bigger machines, but in their video that they have on their site, it says they are recovering, and yet plenty of water is coming out from underneath.

I would like to clean 36 inches at a time, but I am not sold just yet. Wonder if they have a dealer near me?

John T. That is the machine I talked the guy into a demo when in Vegas last year, at first he did not want to get it dirty but when I said I would never buy if I cannot see it in action he finally gave in.

To be fair they had one of the local PWer's bring his machine so they would have something to hook up to and it really needs as high GPM/PSI as it can to perform correctly.

3000/5 is just not enough, I was not satisfied with the results and would not spend the money for it.

And it weights a ton.

While at the Awesome PWNA Convention in Dallas I was talking with this guy at a booth there that sells this same twister

DeckGuide.com © 2004 - G&K Distributors which can be set up like this one. That fat hose coming up on the left side of the handle is used for reclaiming.

Has anyone ever used this twister before with and without the reclaming set-up hose??

I believe the guy at the booth told me this type of set-up goes for around $3000.

Either way some thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I was wondering since this was posted ..Has anyone converted a Turbo Twister to reclaim behind a fury system??

I know someone who is fixen to try to convert one and I am sure someone has tried it, If you have let us know, we might be able to save someone a lot of time!!!!!

Start a new post if it is a good thread!

I have talked to several guys about a bigger vacuum surface cleaner (wondering if anyone makes one bigger than 24") and it comes down to things like patents, huge vacuum system needed, bigger gpm machines to drive it, etc....

Just wonder if the Manufacturers have ever looked into something bigger like 30" or 36" for those guys that do the huge areas of concrete?

If you think about it, if this picks up the dirty water as you are working, this will more or less remove the rinsing of the job which sometimes takes me longer than the cleaning on the bigger areas of concrete.

If I had a bigger vacuum machine, I could actually save time by not having to rinse since it is picking up the dirty water.

That would be worth it to me.

I guess if the manufacturers don't have the engineering capability or can't design a bigger vacuum surface cleaner then I guess you would have to just buy the 24" machines and a bigger vacuum system so you could run 2 or more at a time and have more guys on the job to get the job done.

I don't really have a need for something like this but maybe soon.