Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Gene

Pressure Pro 8GPM 3500 PSI

Pulled the trigger on the 8GPM machine today.They are building me one this week and I should get it next week.Bought a 325 gallon tank 2 weeks ago....a tandem 5000 lb axles trailer with steel deck Sunday ...and a stackable 2 hose reels from Bob today...Can't wait till I can put it all together and try it out....Pics to follow along the way.....

Would you recomend 8? What did you upgrade from?

Dane

Have a 5.6 GPM 3000 Psi but wanted a bigger machine for commercial work. Can't decide to sell the smaller one or just keep it for a spare. It has my recovery unit on it with less than 8 hrs on it.

I "ALWAYS" have a spare everything with me. I can't think of the amount of times I've just grabbed another machine, kept washing and delt with the broken one later.

I'd agree. Keep it. For what it's worth used, relative to what it will save you WHEN the new one craps out on you.

OF course you will never look back - that 500 gallon water tank is in the way!

I have a 8gpm with a 225 tank and never have any problems

OF course you will never look back - that 500 gallon water tank is in the way!

I have a 300 gallon tank and usually keep no more than 50 gallons in the tank. Occasionally, I run across a "slow" spigot, but not very often. Always something else to do while filling. Its less of an issue with a house wash, more so with decks or drives.

What's the point of having a 300 gallon tank, if you are only keeping 50 gallons in it? It's just a glorified buffer tank that is taking up excessive space on your trailer at that point.

what size tank do you have daniel

I run a 225 gallon tank on my 5.6 and just bought a 325 for my new 8 GPM....Some places don;t have water or the pressure is very low. doing alot of curbing next week and my supply line would have to be over 200 ft....

I think what I get from all this - is that big tanks are for guys that do lots of 'flat' work - or perhaps fleets as well. I just bought a 35 gallon tank, that will be my buffer. I expect it to help even on those house washes with anemic water supply issues, i.e. 2-3gpms. I mean with a 5.5gpm machine you can go full bore for 6.4 minutes, and with say 2.5gpms from the sill **** - you'd still have another 15 gallons - or another 3 minutes. How many housewashes require 10 minutes of constant full bore rinsing? You often spray for a couple - move around to another area, spray again for a couple.

What's the point of having a 300 gallon tank, if you are only keeping 50 gallons in it? It's just a glorified buffer tank that is taking up excessive space on your trailer at that point.

Exactly, but it also serves as a rolling billboard. Besides, the trailer came with it already attached. But seriously, having a buffer is vital to any machine, but especially one with high gpm. Not knowing flow rates at every house, how do you know what is big enough? Realistically, 100 gallons would be plenty - if kept full - for most residential jobs.

1 gallon of water = 8.33 lbs = lower mileage. Extra weight = longer stopping distances (even with trailer brakes) On a dual axle trailer, extra weight increases already poor tread wear on the rear set of tires.

If I did not have a big tank I would not make in NC, alot of places are still under water res. In my city I use nonpotable water to clean it is the only to stay in business. Two trailers with 525 gallons tanks, one trip to holding tank but I able to clean all day. Gas usage has twice but I'm still in business. So all you guys with all that water be thankful!!:)

Exactly, but it also serves as a rolling billboard. Besides, the trailer came with it already attached. But seriously, having a buffer is vital to any machine, but especially one with high gpm. Not knowing flow rates at every house, how do you know what is big enough? Realistically, 100 gallons would be plenty - if kept full - for most residential jobs.

1 gallon of water = 8.33 lbs = lower mileage. Extra weight = longer stopping distances (even with trailer brakes) On a dual axle trailer, extra weight increases already poor tread wear on the rear set of tires.

A rolling Billboard ?

You mean like this ?

post-1298-13777220306_thumb.jpg

post-1298-13777220307_thumb.jpg