Sign in to follow this  
jeffex11

done in a day

Question

18 answers to this question

2 machines with 2 experienced operators ,highly motivated, and I must point out the right side was inside of fence only as neighbor stained his side. 18 man /woman hours . My wife and I have done p-washing for 17 yrs. and there is little wasted time. It was my birthday the next day and it gave me the day off so we laid down some boogity boogity!!!! seems like one or two jobs a season we need to test our metal . I couldn't do this every day let alone once a week. 3 hrs to stain since one side was inside only. one coat and a second quality control go over and look for evenness of stain absorbtion. I drank 1 soda and we skipped lunch to get it done. I fell asleep on the third beer when I got home!!! yeah we have a merrit on rt 32 . sounds like a good contract to have!!! stop in for a beer!!!

both the husband and wife said it looked "fantastic". thats what counts to me!! We did their deck at another house 5 yrs ago and they called us last fall for this house but we had shut down for the season. We will get the cleanup of the concrete around the pool when the cover comes off next month. We experimented with a few techniques that have paid off for us in time savings without sacraficing results. rules are made to be broken is all I will say. the results speak for themselves. a few more pictures

post-2354-137772203833_thumb.jpg

post-2354-137772203842_thumb.jpg

post-2354-13777220385_thumb.jpg

Its your right to give me all the grief yo want... and my right to DO what I want and my customers PAY for. If you can explain how a satisfied customer and a repeat one at that has NOT been served well then be my guest. If you can tell me how for 17 years I have not learned a ding dong thing then have at it!!!

Celeste,

Have to assume one of only two Maximum products. The 3yr is green can and is called a toner/waterproofing sealant. The 5yr is brown can and is called semi-transparent/deck,fence, & siding stain.

Olympic Exterior Stain - Choose the best exterior stain to protect your home

Jeff, do we assume you still using the 3yr toner? http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/wood-cleaning-restoration-decks-fences-etc/11611-there-anything-realy-new.html

I too have used these products on damp wood (5yr)...

Being they are supposed water cleanup they are somewhat compatable with any moisture they run into up until the goods that allow such cure out. Issues can happen if trying to put on wet wood as it doesn't really disperse the moisture away to take up its space. Instead it tries to mix with it hence it dilutes and can make for blotchyness in some case. I washed fence the other day in indirect sunlight that showed as suitable within about 2 hour..wasn't a stain job though. I totally see where Jeff is coming from on this....have even considered watering down the product on occasion in order to deep feed but haven't went there yet or tested it.

...If I relate it to my old standby of finishing floors with waterbase acrylics I can indeed disregard the age old advice of not waxing wet floors. In those cases it only relates to leveling and ability to gain proper shine. In all my years in doing flooring I can not claim that watered down floor finish effect durability/longevity/or grip whatsoever. As the water goes away the air oxidizes and crosslinks the product depending on the polymers or metalic ingredients.

yes 3yr toner or 5 depends on what you want to sell . drying or assistance with is the key. You have to take some risks to get a payoff!!!! tools , techniques and hard work = sucess for me. I want my customers to get great results but I am not caught up in being a technical "woodie " expert. They want me in and out of their yard too!!!!