Sign in to follow this  
fireandrain

Airless Hoses? Where can I find them?

Question

I had a 3/8 300 PSI hose (the red one) blow a leak in the middles section of the hose @ a job today. What a mess! The dang thing just burst a pin hole leak that sprayed all over the side of a house before I could disconnect from the Deckster. I was up 2 stories on an elevated deck. NO FUN! Anyways, I'm trying to get my hands on a couple hundred ft. of 3/8 300 PSI replacement hose~ got 4 jobs to spray next week! I see them @ Sunbrite for $49 p/ 50 ft w/ QC's. Any tips on other options for the Deckster here? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Matt,

Most auto parts/supply stores should carry them. The decker hoses are identical to air hoses used with compressors. Fittings are the same.

Might consider going with quality. I purchased an American made Gates last year as a replacement. Think it was around $70 for 50'.

Not sure if ya need the 3/8 or not but maybe you would like the 1/4" orange ones at Harbor Fright. Don't quote me but I think they go to 500psi or some such and they not heavy. Pic below is like 150- 200 ft. worth for maybe $40-$50 or so.. They got Goodyear too if not mistaken..

mmiDIYhvlp.jpg

ps- nope, think that pic shows it as 250 psi

... Any tips on other options for the Deckster here? Thanks!

Matt,

There is an extension wand for the gun that you can purchase. These are useful when spraying floors. No bending, just walk along laying down stain while a helper back brushes.

With Ready Seal, use a razor blade knife to cut a large "X" in the top of a 5'er. Stick in both feed and return hoses and you are good to go.

Use a heavy duty bungee to hold a 5'er to the unit. The fold down handle makes it difficult to move.

Couple of parts to have on hand. Replacement tip for the gun, the tiny plastic seat for the pressure regulator, screen filter for the feed hose, spare fuses.