Sign in to follow this  
Mathew Johnson

Roof Cleaning add. Pictures are done with apple cider

Question

7 answers to this question

thats a nice add!!! pictures tell the story let us know the return on that. sost of add vs # of call generated and closing rate for discounted coupon type customers = effectivness . I always ask a call in or e-mail inquiry where they heard about our service so I can see what generates leads. Good luck

I got a ridiculously high return on the April "Clipper Add". It was a 1/2 page add. We got 88 calls with a really high close rate. I wouldn't do another mailing right now, but my package is a total of four mailings over the season - 1 1/2 page add followed by 3 1/4 page adds. Some of the best marketing dollars I have spent in a while.

I spend 10 percent of the gross on marketing and the return on this add is well below that

Matt

I got a ridiculously high return on the April "Clipper Add". It was a 1/2 page add. We got 88 calls with a really high close rate. I wouldn't do another mailing right now, but my package is a total of four mailings over the season - 1 1/2 page add followed by 3 1/4 page adds. Some of the best marketing dollars I have spent in a while.

I spend 10 percent of the gross on marketing and the return on this add is well below that

Matt

The economy is bad, people are going to clean and not remodel or buy new.

Some will remodel but those who dont will clean.

Its should be a busy season, Its next year i'm worried about. We all still have jobs and things are bad but we are working.

Nice ad Matt, not down playing it. I just think everyone is surprised and thats just my take. I have seen a few posts similiar.

I have a buddy that owns a tile dist company and his numbers are up because home owner are remodeling and not buying new. so his numbers are fine.

Here is an add that KBK Did for me. The roof in the pictures was done with apple cider.

This add will come out in the clipper next week or two

Great Ad !

Here is MY opinion, TRY NOT to use the term LOW PRESSURE next time ?

I TEAR my competitors a new azz who use this term.

After all "WHAT is "Low Pressure" to them Mr Customer" 1000 PSI ?

The BEST term is Roof Cleaning W/O Pressure !

Or NON Pressure Roof Cleaning

Or NO Pressure Roof Cleaning

Now, I am ON my soapbox, but I think the BEST headlines for selling roof cleaning are

"Save Your Roof"

Make the Neighbors Jealous

They will think you got a new roof

or Mallars famous saying "So, What;s eating your roof"

The Headline MUST grab attention Small Business Marketing Tips: Marekting Copy - Writing Attention Grabbing Headlines

I am sorry, but IMHO, a better headline then "Low Pressure Roof Cleaning" Could be used.

Here in Florida, roof cleaning is an ACCEPTED commodity.

Thus a descriptive heading like "Roof Cleaning W/O Pressure" can be used.

People HAVE to get roofs cleaner here.

BUT, in NY, you must SELL Roof Cleaning.

Your picture does that, a beautiful Job BTW !!

Next batch, TRY a better headline ?

You may find, as I did, you will get more response !

Chris even though I agree with you on the term non pressure but if you really think about it there is no such thing as non pressure because if there is a liquid coming from a hose there is pressure it might be a small amount but there is still pressure. Non pressure when I think about it refers to maybe rolling it on with a roller. I am not sure that to a customer it makes a big difference my opinion only Chris. To me its kinda like pressure washing v/s pressure cleaning.

Oh, I know only too well Mel about NON Pressure, but it opens someone up to a salesman using that term

NO ONE here in super competitive Tampa uses that term.

They would be eatten alive by competitors.

TECHNICALLY, the term Low Pressure is correct.

But NON Pressure or NO Pressure sounds better.

It is just like making love and funking.

Guys like to call it funking, women call it "makin love"

"Makin Luv" sounds better .....

I call "Makin Love" Mixing up Apple Sauce, LOL:)