Sign in to follow this  
Scott Paul

Removing Deck Stain from jeans/shirts

Question

13 answers to this question

Scott,

No. They become work clothes. That is their fate. Work clothes become rags, that is their destiny. Rags go into the dumpster. That is their final resting place.

It is inevitable.

LOL, Rick. When Chris buys me clothes the first thing she says is "and don't go staining in it"

Hah! Another meeting of the minds! Judy takes a whiff, and throws 'em in the "work clothes" basket. Soon after, they meet their demise.

Scott,

No. They become work clothes. That is their fate. Work clothes become rags, that is their destiny. Rags go into the dumpster. That is their final resting place.

It is inevitable.

Love it Rick! I'm going to paint this on a small slab of Redwood and hang it above my tool shed!

LOL, Rick. When Chris buys me clothes the first thing she says is "and don't go staining in it"

LOL. My wife bought me a pair of jeans for my Bday and she made me promise not to get stain on them. Of course I did and I am trying to fix it before she kills me.

Scott,

It is inevitable.

Perfect.

My wife wont even wash my clothes with the family's wash anymore. just pile them up and wait. I even have to keep them in the garage after thier clean.

My wife makes me strip stained clothes off in the garage before entering the house.

Still trying to find a good soap that will take off the oil feeling from WTW when showering and the orange stain around my fingernails...

Bryan a quick bath in mineral spirits followed by one of those waterless cleaning goo's you rub into your hands. I can't guarantee there isn't some chemical reaction going on that is removing skin, but it works. Make sure you put lotion on after a shower or you'll have lizard arms.

As far as the laundry with stain on it, if its the same day, sodium percarbonate is the ticket. Don's solution is more foolproof and is utter genious.

Just go and by another pair just like it. She'll never know.

I would but they were $100+. She got tired of me wearing Old navy jeans so she bought me one nice pair and made me promise never to wear them at work. They lasted about 2 months.

Jon admits:

I even have to keep them in the garage after thier clean.

Bryan beats him by posting:

My wife makes me strip stained clothes off in the garage before entering the house.

Oh boy. Thought my wife was a saint, now she is the 2nd coming. One is standing half naked in the garage, the other is dressing in it.

Both of you guys had better sign up for aggressive wife training. Right Beth? Hah!