Sign in to follow this  
clean streak

more gpm with 2 machines??

Question

Is it possible for me to hook a 4.5 gpm @ 3000 psi to a 4.0 gpm @ 4000 psi machine together to get around 8 gpm for rinsing, im not concerned with raising the psi just the gallons per minute thanks

10 answers to this question

so you don't push water back ,cause if one mach goes down to will not damage the other one ..i know this sound werid but i have seen this happen before .

psi need's to be match ed or close if one is doing 4,000 and the other 3,000 psi the,3,000 will not open.as for one hose i have seen a 3/8 hose do close to 8.gpm at 3000 ........ david

clean strk if you would like you can call me 903-312-0791

Is it possible for me to hook a 4.5 gpm @ 3000 psi to a 4.0 gpm @ 4000 psi machine together to get around 8 gpm for rinsing, im not concerned with raising the psi just the gallons per minute thanks
Clean Streak,

Yes this is possible.

I have done this and you can easily fabricate what is needed.

You need two 3/8" 3,000 psi h.p. hoses about 6' long with a plug on one end and a coupler on the other. I prefer s.s. fittings myself.

Next I have a s.s. block with a 3/8" s.s. coupler on each side of it. The hoses plug into this and their other end plugs into each machine.

The center of the block has a 3/8" s.s. coupler coming out of it. This is where your working h.p. line plugs into. The line plugs into the gun via a s.s. plug.

Both of the machines this set up is used on are COLD 4.0 gpm and 3,000 psi. Both machines also utilize pressure type unloaders. When you close the gun both machines go into bypass. No check valves are used. I use a #9 nozzle.

This works very good. The additional gpm is very useful at times.

If you are using a surface cleaner you must switch to larger nozzles.

The additional gpm can tire you out though.

Can you expect this to be a solution to a bigger pump and engine? NO!!!!!

At eight gpm finding an adequate water source could be challanging.

This problem could be compounded if you are running direct drive pumps which require a flood type supply. Running d.d. type pumps from a tank can be difficult if the tank is not elevated higher than the pumps.

Fuel cost is also 2X.

If you want more gpm purchase a hot or cold skid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as doing damage to one machine if one cuts off, I dont see how this would happen if pressure unloaders are used. You still have the designated gpm through the pump on the running machine.

I also think if you are using pressure unloaders on the two machines in question, the differance in pressure would not be an issue. Both unloaders operate independanly of each other. Flow leaves each pump in it's own h.p. line and meets at the block.

You should have 3,500 psi coming out of your gun(make sure the gun is rated for the higher gpm) and be pushing 8.5 gpm using a #9 nozzle.

Additionaly if you don't fully understand how your equiptment works, don't even think about trying this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!