Sign in to follow this  
DARCO_PM

Estimate needed!

Question

PG condo complex pics 1st set - I need for you pros to help me with rough estimate on pressure washing this complex, including the small house attached to it. And seperate estimate for gutters, complex plus small house. Any ideas would be appreciated.

16 answers to this question

NC condo complex pics 1st set - I also need for you pros to help me with rough estimate on pressure washing this complex. And seperate estimate for gutters. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Gutters... do you mean clean them out or just the outside wash of them

They asked for two separate estimates. One just for washing the siding and the other to clean inside the gutters in both complexes. Those complexes are about 100 feet away from each other.

Honestly, only you can know how much you need to charge to make this job profitable. Every company is different, and what one company can clean it for may be way off of what you can clean it for.

Honestly, only you can know how much you need to charge to make this job profitable. Every company is different, and what one company can clean it for may be way off of what you can clean it for.

Like I've said. Just a rough estimate!

I agree with everyone else on this, prices vary from region to region and company to company. One way to price it would be to estimate the number of hours to perform the work and multiply that by how much you want to make per hour doing, Its a rough way of doing it but may help.

Here is what I do, I use my measuring wheel ($60 at home depot) to measure the length and the width, then I multiply that amount, and whatever the total is of that, I multiply by 0.055 .... then since its at least 2 stories, I add between $70-$100 ..... depending on how "severe" the house is, or how difficult (that is for normal house wash ... i.e.: normal house wash + rinse) the angles are.

For wash + wax I multiply by (I think, its in quickbooks) 0.061 and so on .... for everyone their own.

I however do NOT clean the inside of gutters (or at least do not offer it)

1.50lf building 2.00lf gutter cleaning + chems.but it might not be enough for what you wanna make.that is what its going for where im at.soi agree with lance. Look at what youre cleaning ask yourself, how much would i pay to do this? then add 20%. sometimes its just not worth doing.

I just lost a 9 unit town home complex, 3 buildings w/ 3 1900sq ft condo's in each. Bid it at 200.00 per building and apparently lost it. Go figure, basically three 5700' houses at 200.00 per. I thought it was a deal he couldn't turn down and just wanted to close it for splash and dash cash to take the wifey to the beach for a Fathers Day surprise. Otherwise I would have bid it at 250.00 or 300.00. Went 4 miles up the street the next day and got a 3200' house @ 400.00...Almost every time you cut someone a deal they balk like they caught you trying to rip them off....Guess some "no" baller shot me out of the sadle trying to low ball it..LOL...Wher's my 99 doller sign at,,Grrrrrrr

Edited by MudDuck

Ohhhhhh well not too many responses.

1st Condo complex "PG" I bit it at $875.00 for wash and cleaning inside gutters for $245.00

2nd Condo complex "NC" I bit it at 950.00 for wash and cleaning inside gutters for $245.00

How did I do? Did I go too low or to high? Any commnets?

Ohhhhhh well not too many responses.

It's kinda noticeable that you only post when you need help or advice and that you don't get involved in any other discussions.

We share here. "Takers" aren't looked favorably upon.

Maybe you think you don't have anything to offer because you're new but you should post where you can so that people can get to know you and get more comfortable with you. Post in the Club House if that's the only place you feel comfortable chiming in.

It's kinda noticeable that you only post when you need help or advice and that you don't get involved in any other discussions.

We share here. "Takers" aren't looked favorably upon.

Maybe you think you don't have anything to offer because you're new but you should post where you can so that people can get to know you and get more comfortable with you. Post in the Club House if that's the only place you feel comfortable chiming in.

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!! THAD.

Its because im very green in PW and I think I dont have much to share or comment. Sure when I get more experience I would definetly post and get more involved in disscusions.

It seems that your keeping an eye on me. "Do you work for Homeland Security" HAHAHAHA..........Sorrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy....I think this is the second or third negative post towards me. Well, once again Sorry! And I try to get more involved.

Edited by DARCO_PM

Here is the honest answers in question form-as to how much to charge plus some advice given to me by the worlds best sales person.

How much profit do you need to make on each job?

How strong of a salesperson are you?

Can you overcome our own price objections?

If you give people what they want, in turn they will feel compelled to give you what you want.

Don't worry about the competition they don't run your business, you do!

Work on building yourself up. It takes less energy to build yourself up then to tare down your competitors. Many times we don't get the price we deserve because we are afraid to ask for it so in hopes of getting the job we try to be the lowest bidder so we can be busy. If all you want is to be busy get a job! Mc Donalds is always hiring. Some guys are real busy all the time but are not making any money.

If you want to own a profitable business work smarter not harder, have sytems in place. Learn direct response marketing, notice I said direct response marketing and not advertising. Having an ad in the phone book is shutgun advertising and a waste of money. Take direct aim at your target market- use your marketing message to tell your story- work your target area like a farmer works a field.. until the crops grow. Develop a unique selling proposition that will make you stand out from the herd.

I don't know a whole lot but I know very financially successful people that have helped me along the way.

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!! THAD.

Its because im very green in PW and I think I dont have much to share or comment. Sure when I get more experience I would definetly post and get more involved in disscusions.

It seems that your keeping an eye on me. "Do you work for Homeland Security" HAHAHAHA..........Sorrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy....I think this is the second or third negative post towards me. Well, once again Sorry! And I try to get more involved.

No problem!

I think some Labor for Learning would be invaluable for you.

Beth has a forum for that, check it out!