Sign in to follow this  
Apple Roof Cleaning

Sodium Hypochlorite At WAL MART ??

Question

Yep, and here is the proof thumbsup.gif

It is rated at 10 percent, but probably started life out at 12.5

It is probably as strong as you guys outside of Florida are getting, and is there at WAL MART when you need it.

Price at 2.96 a gallon is steep compared to what WE pay, but we are in Florida, and buy a LOT smile.gif

Enjoy icon_wink.gif

35 answers to this question

great find! Although not so cheap def may help me out if I need a quick couple gallons since there is a wal-mart right near me (and everyone else in the entire world for that matter lol)

Edited by Rob R.

A cold beer sounds good right about now :)

Yes, it does!

I got a Bone In Rib Eye all marinated, ready to slap on the grille.

Got a fresh 12 pack of Bud, nice and cold, debating between it or some RC Cola ??

Decisions Decisions ???

Hey buddy, try and work on getting your signature filled out, ok ?

It is the rules here, but it can also get you BIZZNESS too.

Do you have a web site ?

If not, there are several free ones you can get.

Let me know if you need any help ?

Chris

Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning

Yes, it does!

I got a Bone In Rib Eye all marinated, ready to slap on the grille.

Got a fresh 12 pack of Bud, nice and cold, debating between it or some RC Cola ??

Decisions Decisions ???

Hey buddy, try and work on getting your signature filled out, ok ?

It is the rules here, but it can also get you BIZZNESS too.

Do you have a web site ?

If not, there are several free ones you can get.

Let me know if you need any help ?

Chris

Thanks chris,

I just got home from working all day on my PT job, which I get a free phone from but now that I am working my last week there and doing the business full time I am getting a new number this week.. I have not paid a real cell phone bill for over 8yrs!! lol so I'm dreading it! But its the cost of the doing business :/

I guess in the meantime I will add my # if anyone wants too, feel free to give me a shout..I want to set-up a website asap but not sure where to get set-up, just time I have not had.. I know my comcast cable internet has a free web page but hoping to get rid of them shortly..Between biz, 30hr part time job, and building up my car for drag racing it ain't easy..

Damn grillin and beer sounds great but damn I'm tired..I see your in FL, I used to live in kissimmee through the 90's I do miss that weather well just not in the dead of summer :)

I dont like wally world, but i have bought batterys at 2am and even brooms , shovels and garden hose a couple times over the years.

My night guys by pants safety Glasses and gloves on a regular basis. Pump Sprayers when in a pinch.

Home depot used have a 24hour store. I think its closed now, I miss that.

Thanks chris,

I just got home from working all day on my PT job, which I get a free phone from but now that I am working my last week there and doing the business full time I am getting a new number this week.. I have not paid a real cell phone bill for over 8yrs!! lol so I'm dreading it! But its the cost of the doing business :/

I guess in the meantime I will add my # if anyone wants too, feel free to give me a shout..I want to set-up a website asap but not sure where to get set-up, just time I have not had.. I know my comcast cable internet has a free web page but hoping to get rid of them shortly..Between biz, 30hr part time job, and building up my car for drag racing it ain't easy..

Damn grillin and beer sounds great but damn I'm tired..I see your in FL, I used to live in kissimmee through the 90's I do miss that weather well just not in the dead of summer :)

Rob, here is the info Free Web Site and Web Site Creator from Google

I dont like wally world, but i have bought batterys at 2am and even brooms , shovels and garden hose a couple times over the years.

My night guys by pants safety Glasses and gloves on a regular basis. Pump Sprayers when in a pinch.

Home depot used have a 24hour store. I think its closed now, I miss that.

Yeah, know what ya mean Ron.

Sometimes we NEED what we need, and nothing else is open.

I am working on some improvements on our spray system, and when done, I will post it.

We TRY and use professional equipment, but you know how that goes.

When ya got jobs to get done, and no UPS came, ya do what ya gotta do.

At almost 3 bucks a gallon, we wont be buying much SH from Wally World, but it is nice to know it is there, just in case.

I wonder if that is an area specific product for Wal-Mart. I can't imagine them carrying 12% for pools in Minnesota or somewhere like that.

Then again, when I lived in Hawaii I remember them selling snow shovels in December.

They didn't have it at the one by my house.

It's a small "Super" store- not a big selection but convenient and never crowded.

Good Info Thad !

Maybe it is a local Florida thing ONLY ?

We gotta find out Wal Mart Shoppers, please report in :lghohoho:

They carry it in Ohio Walmarts. I pick up the 4 gallons boxes both there and at Meijer when in a pinch. Boxes run anywhere from $8.99 (on sale) up to $13.99. High prices, but again, good in a pinch. Never as fresh as what I get from the various pool supply stores in 2.5 gal packs or larger.

I haven't seen it here yet but I bet it's a seasonal (summer pool) product for them. I hope they get it here, I can't find 12.5 anywhere within 50 miles. What price are you guys paying for your 12.5 per gallon?

Stopped by my local wal-mart and NO DICE! :/

Oh well, gotta start looking around my local pool supplies places and see what kind of deal I can work..WM was just a convenience option of course

I haven't seen it here yet but I bet it's a seasonal (summer pool) product for them. I hope they get it here, I can't find 12.5 anywhere within 50 miles. What price are you guys paying for your 12.5 per gallon?

Price just went up here .30 to 2.28

I found 10% sodium hypochlorite at K-Mart. It's bottled as "SHOCK" Chlorinating Liquid For Pools & Spas.

$3.73 per gallon.

The nearest 12.5 sodium hypochlorite is about 50 miles away and cost $30.00 per 5 gallon so that's 6 bucks a gallon plus a 100 mile round trip.

I think I'll just get the 10% sodium hypochlorite at K-Mart for now. If I find a closer and cheaper place for 12.5 % sodium hypochlorite I may get it. Heck, some guys just use 6% and Dawn dish detergent and say it works fine.

So my mix for house washing is 10 oz. of Simple Cherry, 2 gallons of 10% sodium hypochlorite, and 3 gallons of water. I also have F-13 gutter grenade of which I could put 2 or 3 ounces in the mix for really dirty jobs.

Does this sound like a decent useable mix (for house washing) to you guys? I'm not doing roofs at this point, just the siding, gutters, soffets, gables, etc.

Thanks!

Richard Crocker

www.UltraClearWindowCleaning.com

Greenwood, SC

Edited by rick77

Did you say 30 for a 5 gal...WOW I just pick up for a job 7 1/2 gals I think I paid 11 $ you must have a place near by

$30.00 for 5 gallons of 12.5% sodium hypochlorite was a phone quote I got from a store 50 miles away from here. I'm going to check back because the girl who gave me the price over the phone may have been wrong. If she gave me the correct price I would never pay that much for SH and drive a 100 mile round trip to get it.

If I can get 10% at K-Mart I may as well go get it as needed. I don't do a lot of power washing at this point. I basically only power wash for some of my residential window cleaning customers. If I bought 12.5% SH in bulk it would go bad before I could ever use it all.

You're lucky that you can buy 12.5 % SH for $1.46 per gallon. I'm a newbie and even I know that you're getting a really good deal. Heck, that's about the going price for 6% sodium hypochlorite at the grocery stores around here.

Nice thing about KMart and WalMart is IF you buy some bad stuff, take it back.

Some Chem companies will not do this.

Some will sell old stuff to you that is basically salt water, and refuse to replace it.

Nice thing about KMart and WalMart is IF you buy some bad stuff, take it back.

Some Chem companies will not do this.

Some will sell old stuff to you that is basically salt water, and refuse to replace it.

Is there a good way to test the sodium hypochlorite 10% or 12.5 % to make sure it's still fresh (strong) enough prior to mixing it with one's house wash soap of choice?

I'd hate to waste 10 ounces of Simple Cherry by mixing it with a bad batch of sodium hypochlorite. It would be great to know that the SH is good before mixing it with the other stuff.

Is there a good way to test the sodium hypochlorite 10% or 12.5 % to make sure it's still fresh (strong) enough prior to mixing it with one's house wash soap of choice?

I'd hate to waste 10 ounces of Simple Cherry by mixing it with a bad batch of sodium hypochlorite. It would be great to know that the SH is good before mixing it with the other stuff.

x2 for this question

Put a few drops on some skin and see how fast it heats up. The faster the better. You live too close to Greenville and Anderson to not find 12.5% at a good rate somewere. Stay away from the pool stores if you can, there way high $$$.

TRY Kmart ?

Some have found it there.

By all means secure a steady source of it.

My intention in starting this thread was not to have anyone RELY on WalMart.

But, in a pinch, and old Port in a storm will do.