Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

Cedar Sided House Job

Question

Here's a few pics of my latest job. As always, the pictures just don't do justice. The difference in person is striking. Unfortunately my digital's battery decided to die during the finishing stages of the project so I don't have any after all my stuff was cleared away and only a few that show all three stages of work. The job is 80 (yes, I said 80) miles away so I can't just run out there. I am going to email the customer and ask him to take some.

The house is Cedar sided with three different finishes. The main house had a couple of coats of Behr solid, the carport/garage has some red stain of unknown origin, and the rest is new wood that is part of an extension to the house. The red stuff was especially hard to remove along with the behr solid. This was a tricky one.....too strong on the chems or pressure and I could have been looking at a real mess. Ended up doing about 8oz/gal of HD-80, about 500psi on the pw, and quite a bit of sanding. Two coats of Baker Super Cedar and yer done.

Home owners were some of the nicest people you'd want to meet. It was out in the country on 35 acres with 5 horses and about a dozen head of cattle, beautiful place to work. I was told that there is no one else anywhere around here that could do this job the way they wanted it done. One guy said to cob blast it (on Cedar???), others said to just paint over it, etc. The splash and dash fence stain guys wouldn't know what to do (i think many of us know what I mean). My wife (her backside in the last frame) couldn't believe how much better it looked in person. I don't normally pat myself on the back but I did on this one.

Edited by Mountain View

7 answers to this question