Sign in to follow this  
jeremyimpey

Dormer Windows

Question

I have a customer that wants the dormer windows (eves sides etc) cleaned along with the rest of his house. He does not want the roof cleaned. The problem that we thankfully realized before I do the job is that if the chemicals get on the roof while cleaning then they might create clean streaks on the roof. I'm thinking that if I wet the surrounding roof first then do the dormer wash that might keep the roof from getting streaked. Will this work or is there something better to do.

Thanks for your help.

5 answers to this question

You would have to be using a pretty strong mix to have any effect on the roof stains.

But better safe then sorry, and you're not really adding any significant job time by wetting the roof.

I wish my house mix worked on roof stains!

I don't think a house wash mix will clean the roof unless your apply 4 to 6% bleach to the walls with your mix.

I've washed alot of dormers and my mix won't cut the stuff on a roof.

With that being said you need to be careful and test your mix it may need to be adjusted.I think I put 1 to 2 % bleach to the wall in my mix depending on the soil and mildew level.

I don't think a house wash mix will clean the roof unless your apply 4 to 6% bleach to the walls with your mix.

I've washed alot of dormers and my mix won't cut the stuff on a roof.

With that being said you need to be careful and test your mix it may need to be adjusted.I think I put 1 to 2 % bleach to the wall in my mix depending on the soil and mildew level.

Same here. I have done plenty of dormers and the house mix just won't cut it to remove the roof algae.

Wet the roof down before cleaning the dormer windows, but explain to the customer that there is still a posibilty that it may clean the roof below the dormer, and all you can do is make an attempt to prevent it.