Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

dirt bikes

Question

I am thinking it would be fun for the family and I to get some. Question is I need to pick a brand before I start shopping. They all seem the same to me.

When it comes to trucks I say Ford all the way, but am not sure what bike.

So far, I feel it will be Honda or Yamaha, not fond of Yellow or Green so Suzuki and Kawasaki have been terminated, love Orange but KTM is a bit pricey all at once.

31 answers to this question

Well what's the happs down there on getting bikes?. I have seen lots of really good used deals down South of me on craigs, ebay, and through cycle shops. Maybe you plan to buy all new bikes Alan?

In weighing out reality of my age and physical shape, planned usage, and my ladies underlying fears I switched from idea of getting a dual sport over to getting a quad. Mainly a outdoorsman hunter type guy here and I don't foresee jumping bikes in my future.(least until my younger kids get to their teens).. So what I did is I went out yesterday and stuck a slightly used Suzuki Eiger 4x4 with under 300 mi. on it in my garage. Was a monumental chore in clearing out and making room.

Btw.. anyone see RC getting all that air on the stepup competition at the xgames? He musta been getting upwards of 37' over the bar. He took gold medal first time entering.

Edited by MMI Enterprises

I went over to a 2009 Honda CRF450R this past year from a 2005 RMZ450 - it was all two strokes prior to that all the way back into the 80cc's bikes (25 years ago...). The 09 CRF450R is a rocketship.

I started up some sites for reviews, pics, tech tips and such for the major motocrossers- check em out when you have the time. They are all tied to custom facebook fan pages.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Motocross-Mx-Racing-Dirt-Bike-Supercross-Nationals/168584899840449

www.crf450r.com

www.crf250r.com

www.rmz450.com

www.yz450f.com

www.kx450f.com

I could use the fans in fact to complete some things I want to do with them.

ktm is the best woods bike hands down imo they are the only company still developing two strokes. But yea they are way overpriced, I went to order airbox stickers today for my 250 ktm xcw and they wanted $45 for them, I decided they wern't really that bad after all lol. My ktm 300 pulls like a tractor and screams like a mx bike. bikes of any make are great and a good way to keep the kids out of troule and in the woods or track, and the family togeather

ktm is the best woods bike hands down imo they are the only company still developing two strokes. But yea they are way overpriced, I went to order airbox stickers today for my 250 ktm xcw and they wanted $45 for them, I decided they wern't really that bad after all lol. My ktm 300 pulls like a tractor and screams like a mx bike. bikes of any make are great and a good way to keep the kids out of troule and in the woods or track, and the family togeather

One of the best "family" sports out there IMO. I miss greatly the days of my dad and mom coming with us to the races. Mom didnt come too often as she was always afraid we were going to get hurt and she didn't want to see it happen. The sports become a little more dangerous obstacle wise than it was in the 80's and 90's IMO but I absolutely love it. Younger guys are throwing down some big a$$ jumps and taking it to the extreme. When 80cc riders (10-14 yrs old mind you) are doing 120' triples that I question on my 450 there something to be said about the young blood in the sport today :)

Edited by Greg R

I own a Kawasaki KLR 650 dual sport. Cost a lot less than the KLM. The KLM is a way bettor bike though. But I am older now and if I get hurt it will not be good for business. I really like my KLR. I have been riding for over 30 years now and still love the desert in Arizona.

Richard

http://carpet-cleaning-diamond-bar.com/