Sign in to follow this  
Tegrey

Electronic Estimates?

I'm not sure where to post this. We are starting a new venture of estimating. Electronically through a tablet pc. This is a PDCA Pacer program. The info will be downloaded through the PDCA with our company info added. The system allows us to estimate any project we desire, changing as needed and using up to three different suppliers. The tablet, Motion Computing Le1700 is the hardware. We will save many hrs. of time and will dedicate the extra time to grow our business. With the time saved, we should pay for it in a few months. Having an onsite estimating program, will give us an oppourtunity to show the customer an instant quote. If changes are needed, they will be done instantly. The hard copy will be printed in our vehicle, eliminating more work or trips. Does anyone else use a tablet? What is your experience and how does it save you $ ? What benefits or drawbacks have you felt in an electronic program? Thank You.

post-2261-137772211233_thumb.jpg

Thats a great tool, we use a similar system. I do want the flat notebooks in the future. We use our Phones to link to our network.

We have been paperless since oct 2008, just in office supplys we are saving about 1200 a month. The saving by sales personal I cant begin to even count the savings. Truly dont even worry about it because this has save so much.

I talk a bit about this at rounds.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

Just use my notebook and small cannon printer. Have about 6 difrent templates for houses,rv's,decks,ect. plus another 4 for commercial buildings. select a template make my notes,then send one to customers email & print one out for them.takes about 10 mins for a full documented estimate. plus keeps a good customer database burned on a cd withestimate

It's good to hear some are getting electronic. The advantage will be great. I have done clean printed estimates in the past and it helped us get jobs. I have seen other contractors actually using the ole match pack to write a price on. Setting ourselves apart will definitely help us with growing our business. After all, if we look like everybody else and act the same, why would a customer pay more for our services? I hopefully will have some equipment and idea of running our new program by the RT coming up. I will be happy to share thoughts and ideas. Thank You.

We collect all kinds of address data when we go out to give an estimate, so that any other services the owner may require we can handle from the office. The clients seem to appreciate that we do this.

Beth

We collect all kinds of address data when we go out to give an estimate, so that any other services the owner may require we can handle from the office. The clients seem to appreciate that we do this.

Beth

Yeah, infront of residential clients it could seem alittle flashy.

I think Terry is talking about the time it takes. We have our set up custom to ad numbers and basically by pointing and clicking.

We still pull out the old sheets and do it the old fashion way. Its just to costly to go back to the old way now that we have seen the savings.

I was able to support 3 sales people with one office. Now the office people do other things that make more money.

Its not easy taking the step and with everything theres a learning curve.

Ron,

I will receive a 30 day boot camp, online. It will take a while after that to get the right buttons working. However sending a copy from the customers living room to my vehicle to print, sending a copy back to my office and reading the latest e mail from any where my phone works, will work for me.