chris francis

I have question

Chris the one time I use it

And I used it To face a tile sign for a H O A

and I used very little mix with water and a scrub brush to clean

a dull /water spots

Other that I don't know of a use for it

I have question to ask.

I hear pw use ox and soda beads but what about muraic acid I donnot hear that being used.

Spell as muriatic or hydrochloric during searches and you may see it discussed more for various uses in the restoration/coating prep end of the PWing trade.. :)

Spell as muriatic or hydrochloric during searches and you may see it discussed more for various uses in the restoration/coating prep end of the PWing trade.. :)

Thank you for the information what I have read so fare that it is not good to use on concret because it takes off the cream coat am I right.

Thank you for the information what I have read so fare that it is not good to use on concret because it takes off the cream coat am I right.

You are correct sir. It can etch.

You do seem to have your facts rather correct. Let me shed a little more light for you. Muriatic acid is used in our industry for some very specific reasons. How it is used, and the frequency is the main concern. By itself, it is not the greatest cleaner. It is used to etch a surface when preping for another procces (like resurfacing or painting) mostly of concrete. When a good bond is expected, this works very well. Here in the south there is a lot of red clay. A muriatic acid wash that has a surfactant with it (soap) will lift red clay out of concrete rather well. Better than the acid alone! Also works well on rust stains. It is also use in new construction clean-up when mortar splash is being cleaned up. When uses repetedly on a concrete surface it can take it from smooth to grainy in just a few application. (and sometimes as little as once). That being said, if I had to impress, say the manager of a chain of restraunts, I may acid wash the drive through so I know I'm being aggressive in my cleaning and getting the best results so I can get more work. One time wouldn't really be a concern when jobs are on the line. Hope this helped a little. Ley me know if I could be of any other assistance.

Thank you guys that is alot information Tracy I though a warehouse I worked for used muriatic acid on the concret to take off glass finish that the builder put on the concret dock so I know that you can use as a one time on drive through.